• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mallows

Mallows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

I'm sorry but I've become quite confused. Could someone link me to a good tutorial on flashing a benq drive?
I'm also curious as to whether or not my compaq sr5250nx has the necessary ports to attach the benq to it. Thank you and I've been checking for awhile, with all the available information I had a mind spasm and used this as a last resort.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

Get the latest Jungle Flasher and click the tutorial link within the program.

Also are you sure you have a BenQ and not a Liteon? Both drives look pretty much the same.

#3 Mallows

Mallows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

Ohh I'll check that, I forgot there were similarities. Thank you very much friend, sincerely.

#4 Mallows

Mallows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

Opened her up without any problems, and yes it is a lite-on, come to find out my pc is missing one thing. I can replace the L plug with my usual DVD one but the female with 6-8 small holes doesn't have a counterpart on my mobo. So I take it I either need one of those VIA things or a friend with a pc who's mobo has those prongs?

Edited by Mallows, 22 January 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#5 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:50 AM

You can use your Xbox360 to power the drive. But it's not recommended: for hw safety reasons, banning flags, and just general annoyance.

I seriously doubt you will find a computer that has a power molex already converted to that type of plug. You can buy a connectivity kit for around $20, to power the drive. (I.E. Ck3, Maximus power dongle, etc...)
OR you can/will need to make a converter yourself.

The Via card is for adding Sata (the L shape wink.gif ) ports to your pc, if you don't have one already. AND mainly for eliminating compatibility issues between your chipset and the various drives. I recommend getting a Via card as they cost next to nothing and just save people a lot of problems when it comes to flashing, especially with the Lite-on.

#6 Mallows

Mallows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

I didn't really think of using the xbox to power it. I'll try it, be insanely cautious, and I'm not worried about being banned. Not only is it not connected I asked MS two months ago to permanently delete my account. My credit card information took weeks to remove from xbox.com and I honestly don't trust them. I do however have a child who likes games and tends to get into the damn things lol So here I go I guess, ty sir

#7 Mallows

Mallows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

Well I managed to get everything hooked up but the jungleflasher kept recognizing the 360 drive as my old drive. I even switched ports since I have two and nothing. I think they;re like hardcoded to recognize what came with the mobo or something lol >.< Oh Well I'll either send it out or have a bud hook me up. Ty guys! ^.^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users