Photo

I Need To Start Over. Unleashx Hangs At Boot.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Naxon

Naxon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Alright, so I installed UnleashX with Ndure. Things where going good for a few days. I decided I wanted some more ROM's on my system, FTP them over, it was all good... Until UnleashX doesn't start anymore. It just hangs at the boot. I want to clean it all back to factory, and try reinstalling it again. The orignal MS Dash boots, but I have no way to FTP to get my eeprom since UnleashX won't start.

I've been googling and searching all day. I have no idea what to do any more.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:07 AM

Alright, so I installed UnleashX with Ndure.

How exactly did you do this? Game save? Hotswap?

Did you back up the eeprom and FTP it to the PC?

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

Since the xbox dash boots I am guessing that it hangs at the Unleashx boot screen which is not that bad. It means the softmod is still working try booting a disc like slayers or something that will give you ftp access. If you used the gamesave exploit you boot the game and get ftp that way

#4 galactica

galactica

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

If you have used a game exploit to perform the softmod then try booting the xb with the memory card (containing the softmod install files) plugged in, it will act as a boot disc taking you to the original soft mod install screen. There you can re-install or even better gain ftp access and correct your mistakes.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(galactica @ Jun 12 2010, 02:04 PM) View Post

If you have used a game exploit to perform the softmod then try booting the xb with the memory card (containing the softmod install files) plugged in, it will act as a boot disc taking you to the original soft mod install screen. There you can re-install or even better gain ftp access and correct your mistakes.
I doubt that the OP is still waiting for an answer, but even if he is your answer is nonsense. Booting with a memory card plugged in does absolutely nothing. Booting with the game used to softmod, then reloading the gamesave from the Xbox hard drive should load the softmod installer and provide FTP access, as Steveo said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users