5 replies to this topic

#1 modestrabbit

modestrabbit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:15 AM

Best Buy had a special where I was able to acquire and HD LCD TV and PS3 for a great price. I was able to sell the TV for the cost of the entire package, and now I am left with a "free" PS3.

I don't really care for video games, though. Should I sell the PS3? Or is it of any use to non-gamers? I know that it has Blu-Ray capabilities, but is the Blu-Ray player any better than one that I could pick up for around $100 on Amazon?

#2 KILLorBE

KILLorBE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

I would keep it, I doubt a $100 player will be better when it comes to sound/picture quality.
Besides the sound/picture quality do you think a $100 BR player will....
Be able to update for future formats.
Have an Internet browser (besides YT crap and alike).
Is able to play games (I know you don't care about video games, but the PS3 demo's are free, no frickin Live account needed).
Let you use either a game pad or keyboard to browse the Internet.
Let you stream content from your PC.

I own several consoles and PC's just for gaming, and although I hardly ever use any of them for gaming my soon to arrive Panasonic DMP-BD60 is as good as sold because it cant do what my PS3 can do.
And besides that I need a BR Player with 7.1 analogue output for it to be an upgrade as my Denon AVC-A10SE doesn't have HDMI dry.gif

BTW: Just in case you're wondering, I got a coupon with my TX-P42G10 plasma tv for the free DMP-BD60 player smile.gif

It's up to you to make the decision.

Edited by KILLorBE, 23 January 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#3 paveynick

paveynick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(modestrabbit @ Jan 23 2010, 06:15 AM) View Post

Best Buy had a special where I was able to acquire and HD LCD TV and PS3 for a great price. I was able to sell the TV for the cost of the entire package, and now I am left with a "free" PS3.

I don't really care for video games, though. Should I sell the PS3? Or is it of any use to non-gamers? I know that it has Blu-Ray capabilities, but is the Blu-Ray player any better than one that I could pick up for around $100 on Amazon?

I don't get it. You bought a tv and PS3 package, are a non gamer, and sell the tv? blink.gif

#4 xtbloodbx

xtbloodbx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(paveynick @ Jan 24 2010, 06:17 PM) View Post

I don't get it. You bought a tv and PS3 package, are a non gamer, and sell the tv? blink.gif

another clever way to make money.

#5 Moegames

Moegames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Sports, God, Animals, Wife, Family and just living life happy!
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(paveynick @ Jan 24 2010, 06:17 PM) View Post

let me get this straight.. you dont get how the OP got a free ps3 for going to the store..buying the tv then selling it quickly to get his money back and at the end of the deal he got a free ps3 out of the entire deal? Call me crazy but i think its a smart move..i do the same thing when ever i see one of these package deals...the ps3 is worth a few hundred..thats more then i make in a day at my regular day job per day..so it was money well spent in my book

Edited by Moegames, 08 October 2010 - 04:41 AM.

#6 breathofice

breathofice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

The PS3 has had the best support for Blu-ray player updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users