• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 petanque

petanque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:54 AM

My 360 goes to 95C in under 30 seconds after I turn it on.. I check it in Xexmenu right after the dash comes on and my other parts are about 50C.. It an old Xenon with extra fan mods I got from a friend with no dvd drive.

I think its maybe the sensor thats fucked but i don't know where it is or if it can be changed..

Does anybody have any advice?? I have searched the forum but I can't find anyone with a similar problem

#2 dakaku

dakaku

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(petanque @ Jan 23 2010, 10:54 AM) View Post
I think its maybe the sensor thats fucked but i don't know where it is or if it can be changed..

Its not the sensor. Xenons are hot, but 95C (GPU i guess) is too hot. Did your friend x-clamp-"fix" it ?
Did he use new thermalpaste and only a tiny drop, as it should be ?
What extra fan mod ?
Vertical or horizontal ?

Edited by dakaku, 23 January 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#3 psyco118

psyco118

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(petanque @ Jan 23 2010, 09:54 AM) View Post

My 360 goes to 95C in under 30 seconds after I turn it on.. I check it in Xexmenu right after the dash comes on and my other parts are about 50C.. It an old Xenon with extra fan mods I got from a friend with no dvd drive.

Does anybody have any advice?? I have searched the forum but I can't find anyone with a similar problem

my xenon was the same 95c then i used fan speed flasher on it at 100 percent speed sounds like a hairdyer but its cooler now its down to 50-70

Edited by psyco118, 23 January 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#4 petanque

petanque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(dakaku @ Jan 23 2010, 11:07 AM) View Post

Its not the sensor. Xenons are hot, but 95C (GPU i guess) is too hot. Did your friend x-clamp-"fix" it ?
Did he use new thermalpaste and only a tiny drop, as it should be ?
What extra fan mod ?
Vertical or horizontal ?

Theres no x-clamp fix but it has the extra heat sink where I put a extra fan on top and fan on the side on the CPU blowing towards the original fans..
Its not the GPU that gets hot its the CPU.. I will try the x-clamp fix and see if it helps..

QUOTE(psyco118 @ Jan 23 2010, 07:50 PM) View Post

my xenon was the same 95c then i used fan speed flasher on it at 100 percent speed sounds like a hairdyer but its cooler now its down to 50-70

I have tried changing it to 100 but it sound like its the same speed like before and it didn't help anything

#5 psyco118

psyco118

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(petanque @ Jan 23 2010, 07:24 PM) View Post

Theres no x-clamp fix but it has the extra heat sink where I put a extra fan on top and fan on the side on the CPU blowing towards the original fans..
Its not the GPU that gets hot its the CPU.. I will try the x-clamp fix and see if it helps..
I have tried changing it to 100 but it sound like its the same speed like before and it didn't help anything

you have to patch the old fanspeed flasher with the 100 percent patch my one sounded the same untill i reset the box now its at full speed

#6 petanque

petanque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(psyco118 @ Jan 23 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post

you have to patch the old fanspeed flasher with the 100 percent patch my one sounded the same untill i reset the box now its at full speed

I made a mistake in my earlier post.. my fanspeed its at 70 percent and i have reset it and I also tried automatic speed.. but where do i find the 100 percent fanspeed flasher??

#7 psyco118

psyco118

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(petanque @ Jan 23 2010, 08:49 PM) View Post

I made a mistake in my earlier post.. my fanspeed its at 70 percent and i have reset it and I also tried automatic speed.. but where do i find the 100 percent fanspeed flasher??

ok 1st thing to do is go to xbins and get the fan speed flasher but the older version not the newer one then download this http://www.ddxcb.com/crap/patcher.rar and just patch the autospeedxex then run it on xexmenu and restart the xbox and then it should sound like a hairdryer as i said my temps are between 50 and 70 now but if you can put up with the noise its worth it especially on a xenon hope that helps ya

all credits go to ddxcb over at xboxhacker smile.gif

#8 petanque

petanque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(psyco118 @ Jan 23 2010, 10:44 PM) View Post

ok 1st thing to do is go to xbins and get the fan speed flasher but the older version not the newer one then download this http://www.ddxcb.com/crap/patcher.rar and just patch the autospeedxex then run it on xexmenu and restart the xbox and then it should sound like a hairdryer as i said my temps are between 50 and 70 now but if you can put up with the noise its worth it especially on a xenon hope that helps ya

all credits go to ddxcb over at xboxhacker smile.gif

Thank a lot that helped.. now it sound like it want to kill me smile.gif I also removed the fan on the side of the heat sink and it helped even more, I think it messed with the air flow.. I'm under 70C now and will make other fan mods now and post them when its finished..

Thanks a lot guys

#9 HippyG

HippyG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

I tried to patch it to 100 but the game couldn't be started! My temps are really high on a xenon too..

#10 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

awesome psyco118 thank you for that information.

I've just jtagged my box a couple of days ago and was getting gpu and cpu readings in the 70s, and edram one point hit just over 80.

I was about to look at how to do this 12v mod thing (still using stock fans at moment but will probably change them too), and read your post.

Didnt realise there was a way around changing fan speed for jtagged consoles without having to solder....ok so its noisy as hell now but well worth it smile.gif Now getting 55+ degrees on most - from a simple tool change like that.

Built in fanspeed controls should be hopefully included in future xbr updates, and think that the fan speed tool should be highlighted as an important sticky for helping to keep our precious tagged boxes alive for a bit longer than normal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users