• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

I was attempting to use XBPartitioner to allow my original Xbox full access to the 500GB HDD. I read that you need to make partition F into 32k Clusters and then it will allow you to have full access, making one huge F partition and a small or nonexistent G partition. So I FTPed the XBPartitioner over and opened it with XMBC through the "My Files" setting. It started up as usual and I was at the main screen which was divided into two different blocks. There were 5 regular partitions that I didn't change at all and the only ones I changed were the two under extended partitions, partition 6 and 7.
My first attempt at using XBPartitioner I boosted up the amount of gigs on partition 7 to the max before the number stopped scrolling which I believe was ~330 GB, this left about ~120 GB (If my memory serves me right) on partition 6. I rebooted the xbox and checked to see if I had full access to the HDD but on system configuration screen and XBMC screen it either didn't update or didn't change anything regarding the change in HDD space. So I tried it again and this time moved all the GBs to partition 6 ~440GB and then rebooted the Xbox with partition 7 nonexistent. When it restarted I could not access any of the files I previously had on the HDD, the files don't even appear under any of the dashboard categories.
I have no idea what I have to do to regain access to the files I have FTPed over to my F drive. It was a huge mistake for me to not check which partition 6 and 7 were but I think they correspond with partition F and G or partition E and F. Is there anyway for me to access the files on my HDD through EVOX, so I can just open up XBPartitioner again and redo the mistake? Any help would be appreciated, I just REALLY need to get the xbox to an accessible state. Many thanks!

-Matt

Edit: I have been reading up on the XBpartitioner and it says formating the partition to 32k clusters, the partition is reformated and all files are deleted. I suspected as much but when I go on my FTP program I can still see my folders and such in the F drive but I can no longer access them. Am I suppose to delete everything and just reFTP everything? I still have my EEPROM as well since it is the first thing I backed up multiple times.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

When you use Xbpartitioner it formats the drives, erasing everything on there as you suspect.

I don't know why you are seeing the files and folders. Have you restarted the Xbox?

Partition 6 is the F drive and 7 is the G drive.

Do you have the full amount of space on the F drive now? If it was formatted with 32k clusters you should be OK.

If the folders still show up after a reboot I would format the F drive again. I don't think you can recover the files and folders, but there may be hope from someone else.

#3 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 24 2010, 09:02 PM) View Post

When you use Xbpartitioner it formats the drives, erasing everything on there as you suspect.

I don't know why you are seeing the files and folders. Have you restarted the Xbox?

Partition 6 is the F drive and 7 is the G drive.

Do you have the full amount of space on the F drive now? If it was formatted with 32k clusters you should be OK.

If the folders still show up after a reboot I would format the F drive again. I don't think you can recover the files and folders, but there may be hope from someone else.

I restarted the xbox and went to my FTP program earlier today, all the files are gone. So I thought to myself oh then it must have worked. Now after I have finished FTPing XBMC over into my APP folder, it not show up on the dashboard. Also, when I created the APPs folder on the HDD through FlashFXP, another folder was made with the name "ALUS" or something along those lines. Is that normal? I can't check if I have the full amount of space on my F drive since I can not access the drive, and on system configuration it says that I only have 140 GBs.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

How are you modded? If soft mod did you use .06 option or .67? Did you use Krazie's?

#5 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 24 2010, 11:28 PM) View Post

How are you modded? If soft mod did you use .06 option or .67? Did you use Krazie's?

I used a soft mod and not sure which option. Just followed a guide on Afterdawn and modded it through splinter cell. I have just attempted to format everything through this guide:

http://xbox-scene.co...dd-install2.php

Currently on step 8 and transferring my C and E backups back onto the xbox.

#6 Guest_Heimdall07_Guest

Guest_Heimdall07_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

STOP! That tutorial is for a chipped / flashed Xbox, not a softmodded one.

#7 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall07 @ Jan 25 2010, 01:12 AM) View Post

STOP! That tutorial is for a chipped / flashed Xbox, not a softmodded one.

Well too late to stop now, already on step 8 and practically done. Guess I will have to see what happens next. Any help to basically completely reformat my drive to the same state it was when I put it in. That way I can just partition it then and go from there.

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

If after the disk is done and you still have FTP access, DO NOT turn off the Xbox. If you do you may have a stock drive.

FTP Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 to the Xbox. Make sure you didn't unlock the drive. If you can, run a back up program and FTP the eeprom.bin file to the PC.

#9 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 25 2010, 06:50 PM) View Post

If after the disk is done and you still have FTP access, DO NOT turn off the Xbox. If you do you may have a stock drive.

FTP Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 to the Xbox. Make sure you didn't unlock the drive. If you can, run a back up program and FTP the eeprom.bin file to the PC.

Thanks got it working again after I finished using the guide.

#10 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

I'm curious. If the o.p.'s xbox was indeed softmodded, how did he get past step 6 of the tutorial?? laugh.gif

#11 itsmattxp

itsmattxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Jan 28 2010, 05:52 PM) View Post

I'm curious. If the o.p.'s xbox was indeed softmodded, how did he get past step 6 of the tutorial?? laugh.gif

Definately soft modded. Just used splinter cell and a memory card smile.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users