Photo

Conflict Global Hangs At Start Screen, Softmod To Blame?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DisallowAutoAim

DisallowAutoAim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hey guys,

I have a real noodle scratcher of a problem.

I have successfully modded my new xbox and installed a 500GB harddrive into it. Everything works well until I try to play conflict global, it hangs when you push start to enter the game. I have the game backed up onto two of my xbox's (I have another with a 320HDD and it works fine) however when I play it on the 500GB it hangs.

What the hell is going wrong? I'm stumped!
I have zero idea of what installer I used for the 320, possibly SID3 but I have used SID5.1 for the new 500.

I take it that the softmod is still doing some trickery even when the game is playing (I would like this answered just to know a little bit more about how this works). So is this a softmod issue, a harddrive issue, backup fail or what? Thanks in advance,

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

The first thing to try with any glitch is to clear the cache. You need to delete all the files in the E:\Cache folder as well as any files on the X, Y and Z drives.

If that doesn't work we will need to look at how the 500gig drive was set up. Formatted with Xbpartitioner?

#3 DisallowAutoAim

DisallowAutoAim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Clearing the E:\Cache did the trick! Thanks so much for your help on this it was really frustrating trying to figure out what went wrong. How did you find that out? Id like to get to know those types of hints and tips.

As for the formatting it was done with unleashx in the format menu.

Thanks once again! biggrin.gif

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

How did you find that out? Id like to get to know those types of hints and tips.

For about the first month here I never made a post. I spent my time looking through all the posts in the Newbie section, Evox dashboard, and other forums of interest. I read about everyone's problems and the solutions.

At the top of each section is an FAQ. Go through those and you will learn a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users