• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m1rage

m1rage

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

Just wondered if someone could answer this quick question.
Soon i will hopefully have a Jtagged 360 and also an unmodded 360.
My setup will be as follows:

Xbox 360 Jtagged
LT firmware
Never been on live so never banned
120gb xbox HDD
External HDD
Will be used for homebrew and backups. NO LIVE

Legit 360
not modded (and won't be)
never been on live but...
will be used as a legit console to play originals wnd WILL be used on live

My question is will I be safe using the 120gb Xbox HDD on both consoles by just switching between them?

If not what will happen? Live ban? HDD ban?

Cheers

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:31 AM

If you are planning on using an external HDD on the JTAG'd box, why would you want your XBOX 360 hard drive on it? I don't think there can be anything on the XBOX 360 that you cannot, one way or another, put on your external drive and end up just using one HDD for one console, and one for the other.

I don't know personally what would happen if you put homebrew on your XBOX 360 HDD and try using it online on another console. This is mainly because people usually don't try these things, cause they have a sense to know what might happen. But, if you want to find out, go ahead and then post your results. Otherwise, in my personal opinion, I wouldn't advise it and I would just stick to each one having its own HDD.

#3 sta1ny

sta1ny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(dharrison @ Jan 25 2010, 06:31 AM) View Post

If you are planning on using an external HDD on the JTAG'd box, why would you want your XBOX 360 hard drive on it? I don't think there can be anything on the XBOX 360 that you cannot, one way or another, put on your external drive and end up just using one HDD for one console, and one for the other.

I don't know personally what would happen if you put homebrew on your XBOX 360 HDD and try using it online on another console. This is mainly because people usually don't try these things, cause they have a sense to know what might happen. But, if you want to find out, go ahead and then post your results. Otherwise, in my personal opinion, I wouldn't advise it and I would just stick to each one having its own HDD.

thanks for the reply.
I haven't got the jtagged console yet so haven't had the chance to have a play.

So from what your saying would I be able to run the emulators and xexloader from the external hdd?

The main reason I want to do it is because when I play backups on one console then go to the other To play originals it keeps all my achievements and profile on the same HDD.

Does that make sense?

#4 antisniperspy

antisniperspy

X-S Senior Member

• Last Chance
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(sta1ny @ Jan 25 2010, 07:15 AM) View Post

thanks for the reply.
I haven't got the jtagged console yet so haven't had the chance to have a play.

So from what your saying would I be able to run the emulators and xexloader from the external hdd?

The main reason I want to do it is because when I play backups on one console then go to the other To play originals it keeps all my achievements and profile on the same HDD.

Does that make sense?

This is the exact same thing that I was looking to do. I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks

#5 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Memory card containing nothing more than your profile and game saves.

I'm with harrison, if they look there is NO DOUBT they'll notice the many differences in the ways games are stored for a jtag console, VS NXE ripping. Ban your legit console-no, I don't think so. Banning your gamertag is the route I believe they would go on this one, and since I just paid for another year on my 400-point profile. smile.gif I'm not going to risk it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users