Doughboy3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

I thought I'd post the steps I took to mod my Zephyr, since my flash went perfectly, and I haven't gotten a real crash or error yet. Everyone else seems to be having trouble with their Zephyrs.

I followed this guide from start to finish, EXCEPT for writing my config.bin, which I did not do. I was using nandpro 2.0b. I had one read error, at block 1F6, error 204, but since it was the same on all three dumps I did, I ignored it. I don't know if it was b/c I was on XP, but fc didn't work as it did in the tutorial, so I compared the dumps in the hex editor I used to check my CB version, which was 4558. The first and second didn't match, but the second and third did, so I wrote using the second. Injected KV into the nand directly.

My wiring was as follows:
5 100ohm 1/4W resistors on the necessary DB25 pins
3 1N4148 diodes, two on the JTAG spots and the one on the DB25 pin 11
Used the DB1F1 pad, worked fine.
Soldered the wire running from J2D2.2 to the RoL board itself

After writing the XBReboot v0.05 8955_3a (notice the a at the end) I immediately turned on my xbox and enjoyed a little homebrew. The only time I get any errors is error E79 after plugging in a HDD while the xbox is off. Turning the xbox off and then on again makes it boot normally.

As a side note, there is one small problem: the top two (when the xbox is horizontal) RoL leds don't turn on anymore. I checked for any shorts but don't know specifically what points to check. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users