• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jayson1015

jayson1015

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

I recently read somewhere that jtaged 360s become region free and I found a shop that sells them... but the thing is that they said that it is possible to go on live with it. This kinda contradicts what I have read here. Here are a bunch of questions I have about this...

1. Is "region free" really completely region free? or is it only for some games? The sellers were unsure.(I'm actually getting a xbox for the sole purpose of playing idolm@ster....)
2. Is it possible to change the Jtagged 360 into a Japanese system, then removing the Jtag to make it a 100% legit Japanese system?
3. Is it possible for the Jtagged 360 to go on live safely to some degree?
4. When I'm banned, do I still get to use my DLC? Xfer it to a unbanned console? ect...
5. Should I just pay like 150 more dollars(CDN) to ship a Japanese console over?
6. If not which is a better deal?
-arcade $280
-elite $390
-some halo pack with 2 controllers and 250GB HDD $480

Thanks.

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

1. You must make your game region free through XeXTools before using it on a JTAG'd XBOX. Unless there is a newer procedure than this, that I am currently unaware of.

2. If you want to change the region code of your console, see this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=621073.

3. No. You will be banned.

4. You probably do not want to use your LIVE HDD on a hacked console. Use different HDDs for each.

5. If you really want a NTSC-J console and a NTSC-U console, you are more than welcome to buy each.

6. Arcade is by far the better deal. All you need are just the basics for a JTAG console. Then, instead of buying an XBOX 360 HDD, just go out and buy a bigger external drive for the same price, if not cheaper.

Hope this helps you out.

Edited by dharrison, 25 January 2010 - 08:23 AM.

#3 jayson1015

jayson1015

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. Even though you cleared up all my questions, I'm still confused on what to do... curse my indecisiveness.
anyways thanks again =D

#4 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

If it were me, and I was the one wanting to play other region's games, I would just go for the exploitable Arcade console, buy a large capacity external HDD, and then change what I need to change in order to play what I wanted.

No need to spend the extra money if you don't need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users