doveman007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

I've been trying FileZilla and FlashFXP to transfer files to my Xbox and they're ridiculously slow, hitting at most 5% of my 100Mbps, in both XBMC, Avalaunch and UnleashX.

If I use C-Xbox Tool with Avalaunch, it whizzes by using around 80% (it's not as fast with XBMC but still a lot faster than the FTP programs). However, it seems to be full of bugs and thus is rather annoying to use.

Is there any other program that will work as fast as C-Xbox Tool, or a way to get the FTP programs to do so?

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

I usually get around 10 megabytes per second with FlashFXP and have never really seen much faster than that. This includes what my local fellow modders usually get also.

If C-xboxtool gets much faster speeds as you claim, I may have to try it and see for myself for that's a tough pill to swallow.

EDIT: make that 9 - 12 Mb P/S usually.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 26 January 2010 - 09:22 AM.

#3 doveman007

doveman007

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, definitely try it. Even with the bugs and fiddly interface, it beats waiting for ages for stuff to transfer with the FTP programs.

I went from 1-5Mbps to 60-80Mbps, according to the Networking tab in Task Manager, (I think C-xboxtool itself was showing about 4000KB/s but I don't know how accurate it is) so you can imagine how much quicker everything went. With the FTP programs, it seemed like it was going to take forever just to transfer one skin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users