1 reply to this topic

#1 amexudo

amexudo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

Hello,
I have a new XBOX360 that I bought a month ago.
My console has Ixtreme 1.6 and I've been playing backups and original games but never connected the console to the internet.
I am willing to update to ixtreme LT but I have a few questions before I do that.
In the ixtreme LT download page, they wrote the following note:
"Warning! Lt will not save you from being banned if console is already flagged by using a previous firmware or non-stealth discs".
Is there a way to know if my console is flagged? Is there a possibility that a console may be flagged by a game without connecting to the internet? (I have never played a game before it was officially launched).
In the case that my XBOX could be flagged is there a way to reset it? To format the hard disk and erase the "flag" or the "sign" that a game could have written?
Thank you

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

You wont know if you are flagged until you connect your console to Live for the first time.

The safest way to use LT is to flash a virgin console with LT.

There is a chance that since you played backup with an older custom firmware that the backup use COULD be stores within your consoles nand and will later be uploaded to Live if and when you log onto it. Formatting your hard drive will not prevent this.

Since you have never been on Live if you flash with LT now and then go on Live you MAY have a chance to get away without an instant ban. But remember your chances of a ban is higher than with a console flashed directly to LT.

However it is also worth a note that ANY custom firmware even LT flashed from a virgin console will always be a risk of a ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users