Photo

Firmware For Jtag Console With No Ss, Dmi Checks?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:26 AM

hello!
Please forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere (if it has i would greatly appreciate a link or 2) but i was wondering if any fw exists that will support game disk booting if there is no SS, DMI, PFI etc.
I know of xtreme 5.2-3 which boots single layer disks but AFAIK they still need to be veritied.

Just thought that this would be a hot topic since the JTAG hack, due to these checks not being needed as its generally assumed (unless you want to get your hdd cripled etc) that you will not be going on xbox live with it.

I kno that xbr will boot almost any xex file but i am not sure if the game disks still need to be created in this method of having DMI and SS etc.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not?

Thanks for any help given. biggrin.gif

#2 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

which drive do u have?

#3 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

I have several consoles and have every make of drive avaliable, although not every revision! smile.gif

#4 deluxe247

deluxe247

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:26 AM

If you have the console jtagged, then why don't you just play the games from the hard drive and be done with it?

#5 Haruno

Haruno

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:44 AM

Extract iso, put on hdd or flash drive, play.
That's it. no need to worry about any stealth things.

Otherwise i believe the original 0800 firmware (first xtreme) doesnt do any checks at all but im not sure if they run the new waves.

If you have a lite-on there were several non stealth firmwares released by 3rd parties that will boot anything.

But seriously, just play em off a flash drive.

#6 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Fair one, i cant say i payed too much attention to the play games of HDD feature, was just qurious more than anything. Thanks for all comments and such laugh.gif

#7 Shippy

Shippy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(deluxe247 @ Jan 27 2010, 03:26 AM) View Post

If you have the console jtagged, then why don't you just play the games from the hard drive and be done with it?

Maybe he wants to NXE install the games instead? Or if his drive is full, he could still play a game from disc?

#8 turk3y

turk3y

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

I believe and "xtreme" firmwares on the sammy or benq do indead use stealth data, but they donot veryify / force you to use it, if these are not present they use stored data to make it slightly more "secure".

I think ixtreme was the introduction of the fw that locked bad burns out from you and probably what you dont want, as this also checked stuff like the waves and what not, which with a jtagged box is pointless and of no use to you.

I would go back to one of thoes and flash it with a lower speed to make it more ear friendly as you dont really need to worry about that live or the console detects as the drive is the last of your worries if you plug in live by mistake.

Alternativly there was a hacked ixtreme with the oneshot boot mode already activated all the time which should authenticate and boot disks nice and fast for you, perhaps that is also a contender as with the one shot boot it will ignore the wave part and just go for it smile.gif

dont forget to let us know how you get on smile.gif

#9 neil321

neil321

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

I was looking into this, i have a liteon dg-16d2s, just did'nt fancy having to open it up again. In the end i put LT on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users