6 replies to this topic

#1 ad20

ad20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

Hey there, i've never had an xbox before, just got one, so i have no clue about modding.

I'm planning on softmodding mine, therefor I've done a bit of research and collected a few informations:

Dashboard:

K: 1.00.5838.01
D: 1.00.5960.01

Serial No.

4019786 45105; according to this site my version is the 1.6 and according to this site here there are problems with softmodding the 1.6

I've heard that theres an exloit-method with "007 Nightfire" but that it won't work with a platinum edition. I don't have the platinum edition but a "XBOX Classics"-version, additionally the game is in dutch. Will it still work for softmodding?

If not, is hotswapping very risky for someone who's never done that before?

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

I use Krazie's Ndure and Mech Assault. I don't bother checking the Xbox versions. I have never had any problems with this setup. I have had to update the dash on an older Xbox.

I would refrain from hot swapping at all costs. It can be done, but if you aren't careful you can fry the PC and Xbox.

See if you can find Mech Assault. Put the exploit on a mem card or working flash drive.

I am not sure of the versions of 007 Agent Under Fire that work, but you can read tutorials for Krazie's and it may tell you.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

This post shows how to tell if MA and 007 will work for softmodding. All versions of Splinter Cell (original game, not the sequels) will work. As 1hotjob says, use one of these games plus Krayzie's 1.1.1 softmod package if you can, rather than hotswapping.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:37 PM

just to clarify, "007 Nightfire" and "007 Agent Under Fire" are two different games, Nightfire WILL NOT work for softmodding

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(ad20 @ Jan 29 2010, 01:03 AM) View Post
according to this site here there are problems with softmodding the 1.6

The softmod issues they mention there relate to their specific (legal) softmod, which was one of the very first produced (and hence it's probably also the most buggy - it certainly has a few flaws).

Krazie's NDure installer works with most any kernel (which stands for the BIOS version - yours is 5838), and works best with the very final version of the MS dash - which you have (5960).

A guide for softmodding via a hotswap can be found here, but you are indeed better off installing via a game save exploit if possible.

#6 ad20

ad20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for all the advices so far, about my 1.6 doubts and 007 confusion.

Regarding the hotswap, well basicly I tend to try out this method because I don't own one of the exploitable games in the first place, nor do I have a mem-card nor AR.
The xbox was ass cheap and I have a second test-pc to spare for the hotswap, so not much of worth could be lost.
Basicly it's just (un-)plugging an IDE-cable from a working xbox and pc while executing some sort of boot-cd.

But what has been wondering me, after the hotswap, I have a softmodded xbox. In order to upgrade it with a bigger HDD I certainly need to follow another complicated procedure. Isn't it easier to configure a bigger HDD with all the necessary software in the first place and then just exchange it with the default one?

#7 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

you would need the eeprom from your xbox to lock the new hdd to the xbox. There is a lot of steps in doing the hotswap and the hdd upgrade but its all really simple. just dont try and rush through it and every thing will turn out good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users