Photo

Can Ms Update A Jtagged Console Offline W/o Live?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xrich

xrich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

i'm wondering of there is any danger of a jtagged console having its nand unknowlingly updated by software on a game, without going on live, thereby patching and ruining the jtag. if you have a jtagged console, is there anything you need to do to prevent a game from updating the console? is this even a concern?

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

At this moment in time it's not a problem. I would imagine in three months or so, MS will release a new dash update that will bjork our jtags. Whenever the next dash comes out that requires a bootloader sequence (apart from the present 8955) there will most likely be a month or few while we wait for a wonderful group of master hackers to create a new dash version for XBR consoles. I don't think MS is too concerned with the XBR consoles that already exist, they've already blocked our ability to make new ones. That I believe is their objective. But I don't work there, and have no idea what they think. sad.gif If I did work there though, I would freely leak out every scrap of info/prog I could get my hands on relating to the 360. And spend a few years in prison while you guys enjoy the fruits of my theft. smile.gif

Getting around dash updates is easy, and you can easily do this by removing the update files from your disc as you're ripping them. Now getting past system updates that would change boot-loaders is a different matter. Simply removing the update would prevent the update from occurring, but if the game tells the box to boot through a different set of fuses that what is presently being advertised as "installed" The game would refuse to boot. And we would be stuck without new games for a few weeks while we wait on the hackers to do their magic, for a new XBR.

#3 Darth Soap

Darth Soap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

I would think that its possible, but atm XBReboot thinks its kernel 8955, and all system updates on game discs dont update past 8955 at this stage.

EDIT: insanity4all beat me to it

Edited by Darth Soap, 29 January 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#4 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

If you wnat to prevent M$ updating your NAND, remove the R6T3 resistor/Bridge pads methods both will stop 'em (prevents e-fuses from being burnt). Do this, and then as Insanity4all says, simply wait for a new dash XBR to come out to play the latest games.

#5 W1zz

W1zz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

I also wouldn't like to be the first to try any new release backups or even new XBLA demos.

Can imagine they can sneak something in that would check/ or blow the efuses without asking. But then again, ain't XBR3 supposedly got virtual fuses.

Mmm.. think I need to remove my R6T3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users