1 reply to this topic

#1 fruityeyes

fruityeyes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hello,

From a friend I received an XBOX with an Apple X Pro modchip, he bought it second hand.

We would like to put a 320Gb disk in it. rolleyes.gif

1. Is that possible with Apple X Pro modchip? blink.gif How should I proceed? (Apple-chips website seems to be vanished)

2. Can I remove the modchip just by de-soldering it? (then I can softmod the box)

3. Can I read EEPROM.BIN somehow via Apple X Pro utilities? Any info on Apple X Pro is welcome!

(Goal is to run just XBMC on it, use it as a media-centre, and store movies, mp3's on the disk cool.gif )

Many thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

Why would you want to remove a modchip in favor of a softmod?? blink.gif
That is almost sacrilege.

Your modchip does not determine the size limit of HD you can put in your xbox. The bios on the chip does.
Furthermore, your xbox HD upgrade task will be much easier with the chip left installed.

I am not that familiar with the apple x but a quick google search turned up that it (AppleX VI Pro) has 2 256k sized banks. So to be sure, you could just flash the latest iND bios to one of the banks and be done.

Then, it would be just a matter of installing the new HD into the xbox, booting up unleashx from a cd/dvd and formatting the new drive. Done.

Then put on the finishing touch by formatting your F partition with xbpartitioner and then FTP xbmc to the new drive.

That's it.

As a side note, you do not need to dump the eeprom for an HD upgrade if you have a modchip installed, tho it is good to do so in case the modchip ever dies, it is not required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users