• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NinJa9000

NinJa9000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

Is there any way to check for the blown eFuses? I'm not thinking about dashboard versions but a way to check through reading the NAND or something like that. Perhaps getting a certain error when trying to use JTAG?

Best regards

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

If you have your CPU key to decrypt the NAND you can see when the LDV changes.

#3 NinJa9000

NinJa9000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Ok. Thanks man.

In this case it doesnīt help much because I donī have the CPU key and canīt get it. I have access to af lot of banned boxes with dash 8955 and I wanted to test if the eFuses is blown in all of them. Just to see, if there were a case of a dash 8955 without a blown eFuse. I know it is properly a waste of time but I would like to know for sure.

#4 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(NinJa9000 @ Jan 29 2010, 12:13 PM) View Post

Ok. Thanks man.

In this case it doesnīt help much because I donī have the CPU key and canīt get it. I have access to af lot of banned boxes with dash 8955 and I wanted to test if the eFuses is blown in all of them. Just to see, if there were a case of a dash 8955 without a blown eFuse. I know it is properly a waste of time but I would like to know for sure.

If they are all updated to an 8XXX dash then the Efuse is blown on them all.

#5 NinJa9000

NinJa9000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Yes I know that. But I also know that it is due to a software update and software is not always 100% reliable. Thatīs why I am looking for another way to test it without seeing at the software version. Or one who can explain to me why it is 100% sure they are blown when using 8955. smile.gif Iīm nok looking for a magic way to fix it. biggrin.gif

#6 Joka Macer

Joka Macer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

Yes ninja, it will be a good information!!!

will get a parameter, I think if get more information about it. It is more easy to find more or a new solution.

Regards

Joka Macer

#7 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(NinJa9000 @ Jan 30 2010, 06:19 PM) View Post

Yes I know that. But I also know that it is due to a software update and software is not always 100% reliable. Thatīs why I am looking for another way to test it without seeing at the software version. Or one who can explain to me why it is 100% sure they are blown when using 8955. smile.gif Iīm nok looking for a magic way to fix it. biggrin.gif

Trust me, if the dash somehow got updated to 8xxx without blowing an efuse, the console would not boot.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the workings of the kernel but I do know there is a "is eFuse blown?" check in the update process. Much like the check that causes E80 if you update Blades dash to NXE with r6t3 removed,

Edited by RRODXbox, 01 February 2010 - 03:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users