Photo

How Do I Get Degraded To Work With A 512mb Nand?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dough4you

dough4you

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

I've got a 512mb Jasper arcade.
I've dumped the FULL 512mb Nand 6 times (leave it overnight)
Nandpro does not list any errors during the dump
Nandcompare does not list any differences between the dumps.

I would like to use Degraded 1.1 to look for bad blocks, but every time I try and load the 512mb bin I get the error "bad file length".
The 1bl key is correct and if I load a 16mb NAND bin from another console, Degraded works fine.

I even dumped the first 70mb of the 512mb NAND and degraded gives me the same error when I try to load it.

Can I get degraded to work with my 512mb NAND?
If not, is there another program that can look for bad blocks?

I've google the sh&t out of this question and I cannot find an answer.

Thanks all

dough

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

How VERY ANNOYING to type up a reply and discover it had been moved and closed. Be patient...
Guess I should stop opening all new questions into tabs and slowly working my way through them. jester.gif
but anyways here is your answer...

http://forums.xbox-s...45#entry4620004

PS- that was the FIRST link in my google search. "degraded 512mb" so I changed my mind and I'm not typing shit. Oh I may have changed some random number in that link just to be a dick too. wink.gif

good luck muhaha.gif

#3 Looouky

Looouky

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

if you follow my tutorial you don't have to move bad blocks it will be done automatically.. that is of course if you have no read errors while dumping the first 50 blocks. Usually error 250 while reading in nandpro means bad block. . error 202 means that you might have a floating ground. Did you get any 202 or 250. I have cleared up a lot of the documentation, it address all the issues people where having, I've the tutorial more clear. I remember you posting in my original thread so I thought I'd clear the air, in case you were hesitating. I've personally done 5 XENONS, 1 Zephyr and 2 Jaspers just like this without any issue.

http://docs.google.c...fmv5h_0hbhwdzfv

let us know when everything worked out...

Edited by Looouky, 29 January 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#4 dough4you

dough4you

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jan 29 2010, 04:34 PM) View Post

How VERY ANNOYING to type up a reply and discover it had been moved and closed. Be patient...
Guess I should stop opening all new questions into tabs and slowly working my way through them. jester.gif
but anyways here is your answer...

http://forums.xbox-s...45#entry4620004

PS- that was the FIRST link in my google search. "degraded 512mb" so I changed my mind and I'm not typing shit. Oh I may have changed some random number in that link just to be a dick too. wink.gif

good luck muhaha.gif

I'm very sorry insanity4all! I typed in one section, and then decided it was in the wrong forum, and moved it. I apologise!

QUOTE(Looouky @ Jan 29 2010, 05:07 PM) View Post

if you follow my tutorial you don't have to move bad blocks it will be done automatically.. that is of course if you have no read errors while dumping the first 50 blocks. Usually error 250 while reading in nandpro means bad block. . error 202 means that you might have a floating ground. Did you get any 202 or 250. I have cleared up a lot of the documentation, it address all the issues people where having, I've the tutorial more clear. I remember you posting in my original thread so I thought I'd clear the air, in case you were hesitating. I've personally done 5 XENONS, 1 Zephyr and 2 Jaspers just like this without any issue.
http://docs.google.c...fmv5h_0hbhwdzfv

let us know when everything worked out...

Hi Looouky. Yes, I did type in your original thread.
I did not get any errors with nandpro with 6 dumps, and using nandcompare, all 6 bins were the same.

I WAS hesitating to use your method and decided to dump my nand completely by lpt once or twice first, and then use your method. But everynight this week, I didn't have time to try your method, so I just set nandpro to dump the nand overnight, and now I've got it 6 times!!!
I am still going to try your method though, probably tomorrow.

I will try your links to see if I can get degraded working, I'll let you all know tonight

#5 Looouky

Looouky

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

If you got no error, then I am 99.99% sure you have no bad blocks. Bad blocks are 0x4200 address that contain all zeros, if you hex edit the file that should pop up like a soar thumb this is obiviously doesn't apply to the spare area, since all that would be zeros waiting for bad blocks to be moved there, which should be towards the end of your 70mb dump.

Anyhow feel comfortable doing my method, especially since you have nothing to lose because you have 6 full matching nand dumps. Refer to this thread, I just finished helping him out.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=704164

Also

PC390's issue was that he never booted into XeLLous, he booted into Xell all the time. Refer to this pic, that is now included in the tutorial. I explicit said make sure you see httpd, he didn't listen and stopped when he saw http. Well what can I say some people can read and other can't. And I verified that was his issue by helping out a total newb, who was able to successfully do it no issues of course with a little patience. No matter what method in the end you decide to use patience is the most important factor.

IPB Image

Edited by Looouky, 29 January 2010 - 06:27 PM.

#6 dough4you

dough4you

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

Thanks again Looouky. I will verify tonight/tomorrow

dough

#7 Looouky

Looouky

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

How did it go?

#8 dough4you

dough4you

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

I realized that my monitor that I have my xbox hooked up to doesn't have component, and my TV is in a completely different place. It was going to be a pain to move it back and forth, so I decided to finish all my soldering before starting this, and I made a boo-boo
XBOXHACKER

I have to make sure this is fixed before I can continue. Pay no attention to the finger biggrin.gif

dough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users