3 replies to this topic

#1 Drefsab

Drefsab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hi guys, I've gone and gotten my hands on a 6xxx dash Xennon.

I'm planning on jtagging this but I had a couple of questions based on some post's I've read while doing research on this. Been practising on an old motherboard from a laptop as well for the soldering side of things.

Firstly a lot of people mention different diodes, I have a pack of 1N914's will these be acceptable?

Second of all on the j2.d2.7 - j2d2.4 connection is referred to as a jumper wire, is this simply because its connecting the 2 points or should I solder on a jumper header that I can then open/close with ease.

Last of all i've read post's about people being surprised about being able to boot the original NAND with the jtag wiring in place. These post's weren't commented on so can I ask for clarification. Should I be able to boot the original NAND when the jtag wiring in place?

#2 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Drefsab @ Jan 30 2010, 01:27 PM) View Post

Hi guys, I've gone and gotten my hands on a 6xxx dash Xennon.

good for you

I'm planning on jtagging this but I had a couple of questions based on some post's I've read while doing research on this. Been practising on an old motherboard from a laptop as well for the soldering side of things.

once again, good for you

Firstly a lot of people mention different diodes, I have a pack of 1N914's will these be acceptable?

sure why not, they seem to work....

Second of all on the j2.d2.7 - j2d2.4 connection is referred to as a jumper wire, is this simply because its connecting the 2 points or should I solder on a jumper header that I can then open/close with ease.

just jumper them, meaning they should 'connect'. no need to put a switch between them! just solder a wire between them

Last of all i've read post's about people being surprised about being able to boot the original NAND with the jtag wiring in place. These post's weren't commented on so can I ask for clarification. Should I be able to boot the original NAND when the jtag wiring in place?

you should be able to boot the original ms nand image with jtag wiring intact, what i believe they mean is that MS might/can detect the jtag wiring in place, hence banning you. but, if you flash xbr to the onboard nand you shouldn't have to worry about that all. you must not connect to live anyways.

good luck with your xbox, if you do not have a xenon don't kill th db1f1 point, take extra care of that one. they get destroyed easily!!!

#3 xan21

xan21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(dennisv9 @ Jan 30 2010, 08:31 AM) View Post

good luck with your xbox, if you do not have a xenon don't kill th db1f1 point, take extra care of that one. they get destroyed easily!!!

Words of wisdom if i ever heard any.

#4 Drefsab

Drefsab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

cheers for the advice I just wanted to double check as its been a ball ache finding an exploitable box so I dont want to screw it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users