10 replies to this topic

#1 problem_child

problem_child

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

I have been trying to get the xbox 1 emulator to work to play games I own. After reading a bit I found that Xbr doesn't make the partition required to boot xbox 1 games. I used the hdd partition fixer to add the missing partition. Now the problem is the emulator files. I downloaded the official emulator files, but it failed to launch my games. I created a Compatibility folder in the new partition and decided to use the hacked emu. I installed xbox.xex and xefu.xex in the Compatibility folder that I had to make the rest in the $titleupdate folder that the downloaded emulator file created. Now the game launches but I get a dirty disc error before it finishes. Can anyone give me any direction like what files are needed what folders, etc. The game I have been using to test this is Guilty Gear XX Reload retail.

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

You have to copy the partition from your XBOX 360 HDD to your new HDD.

#3 problem_child

problem_child

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

Is there any other way because all I have is a 640GB 2.5 hard drive formatted by XBR? I ran the HDD Partition Fixer to get the missing Partition and have ran the Backwards compatibility emulator and it installed some files. I read that you needed xbox.xex and xefu.xex in a Compatibility folder so I created one and put those 2 I got from the hacked emu because the regular wasn't working. What other files would I need in partition 2 to make the emulator boot the games. I only want to boot retail games, like I said I get a dirty disc error when trying to load it. Thank you for your reply, just wanted to know if their was anything I could do. I read up and saw that you could install harddrive to pc run xplorer use the partition 2 from off the net and hit restore but I thought that the hdd partition fixer changed the need to do that, and since I can't hooked my harddrive up to pc I wanted to know if I could do something else?

#4 hfmls

hfmls

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:BENFICA
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

i would like to know this too please.

i created partition 2, now what? thank you

#5 wcgbmd

wcgbmd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

Open up xplorer 360, take all of the files from the emulator partition and extract them to your desktop. Pop in your external drive and move the extracted files to the second partition on the hard drive with xplorer 360.

#6 ZerKol

ZerKol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:30 AM

Hum sorry if this question has been covered already. Do i need to install the xbox compatibility update for this to work my hdd has the second partition as it was on my original xbox with the update installed but i cant seem to install the update via cd and usb. cd gives me a dirty disk error and usb gives a E71 on start up. sorry confused.

Btw i have xbr falcon

Edited by ZerKol, 21 February 2010 - 02:34 AM.

#7 minus5252

minus5252

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

I think I must just be using the wrong search terms, but is there any way to put an Xbox 1 game on the hard drive of a JTAG system? The Freestyle Copy DVD function says "there is no .xex" or something like that.

Thanks!

#8 battlechaser

battlechaser

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

try the new xbox1 to GOD program that just came out that should solve your xbox1 on the hdd issues easily enough

its called:

God2XB1

#9 minus5252

minus5252

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

Do you know how to use it? There are no instructions packaged with it.

#10 battlechaser

battlechaser

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Dev rab / KrK
Thanks to rab's hard work on this, I can also confirm that it's possible to convert Xbox1 ISO images into GOD (Xbox Original) containers. Full credit goes to him for figuring this out, I'm just along for the ride on this one I'll be working on adding support for this in Iso2God over the next few days.
- Write the bytes 0x58 0x53 0x46 0x1A at the very start of the ISO image to make Iso2God think it's a homebrew ISO.
- Add the ISO and manually specify the Title ID for the game (you can find this using XbeDump or XbeTool). Set the value of 1 to Disc Num and Disc Count. Set the value of 0 Platform/Ex Type and "00000000" to Media ID. I'd recommend choosing Full padding removal to force a rebuild of the ISO as well.
- Convert the ISO as normal.
- Open the CON stub and change the byte at offset 0x346 from 0x70 to 0x50. (Or use rab's GOD2XB1 to automate this step)
- Calculate the SHA-1 hash from offset 0x344 to 0xAFFF (you should be hashing 0xACBC bytes of data) and write the hash value at offset 0x32C. (Or use rab's GOD2XB1 to automate this step)
- Rename the GOD directory from "00007000" to "00005000" and upload as normal to your 360.

#11 taunt00

taunt00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

Anyone know if God2XB1 works with xbox emulators? I guess you would need to convert the files/folders to an iso. But I didn't know if it would even work.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users