6 replies to this topic

#1 lien

lien

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

Newb here! But It's ok, i'm nice with people! biggrin.gif

So, here the story: I've got an Xbox Elite, bought it on lauch and it's a lite-on. I didn't mod it back then cause i was using my friend's Modded xbox to play burned games. I have been to xbox live with my non modded. Then i got the red ring of death sad.gif But M$ fix it up for me in a flash!... and in a flash i mean they toke a month and a half... GRRR!
Afterward, last august to be exact, i've updated my Xbox to the latest update, got my games some DLC and made careful updates with retail bought games THEN i've modded my 360 to a mod shop with ixtreme 1.5. Since then, i have NEVER been online (I don't play my games online (don't want people call me F$#!) and i was too afraid of Bans...). And i've only played a few burned games (most of them 360 exclusive, I've got a strong PC). To those interested, my most recent game i burned is the Beatles rock band. (So before wave 4, am i correct?)
Next week, i'll get it modded to the latest ixtreme LT and so (finally) here's my question:

Even though I've never been online with my modded 360, will i be safe to go online just to get DLC and updates with Ixtreme LT?

Yes, i'm aware some games got updates on the dvd already... it's just that i've got my eyes on those mass effect DLC (1 and 2) and maybe even Castle crashers...

Thanks to the replies even to those who don't know how to help! tongue.gif Love the attention!

#2 Desp

Desp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

I'm actually curious to know if buying dlc off of xbl is enough to get the console banned. I wanna get some dlc for some of my games as well.

#3 Zod5000

Zod5000

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

I've been buying DLC with 1.6 and 1.6.1 with my benq.

I never play online (backup or originals) and I seem to have to avoided the banwave.

When I buy DLC I don't leave the disc in the drive. I either find it in the DLC version of live, or use the marketplace website, buy it, and it downloads as soon as I connect to live.

the one downside is I think some games require an update to work some DLC.. so you might not have a choice but to put a disc into the drive to get live install the game update.

My gut instinct is still that the detection requires a disc in the drive while connected to live. (albeit an empty drive would leave nothing to detect).

LT shouldn't be detectable in the first place, if the backup is made correctly... but speaking as user of 1.6 through the banwave, download dlc, with the drive empty doesn't seem to have resulted in me being banned.

#4 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

Running a modified console on xbox live is already running the risk of being banned. Nobody knows the true details as to what you can and can't do on xbox live. Zod5000 has an interesting concept which may work without a problem.

Just remember, no matter what you do...connecting to live with a modified console is running the risk of being banned. Hands down. No acceptions. So, question is...is the DLC worth it?

You can also...however, if you have a friend, use their console (in conjunction with your hardrive) to purchase the dlc via xbox live, with your gamertag of course. Then take the hardrive home and pop it back onto your console. Walla!

#5 X_Splinter

X_Splinter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(kibito87 @ Feb 6 2010, 06:32 AM) View Post

Running a modified console on xbox live is already running the risk of being banned. Nobody knows the true details as to what you can and can't do on xbox live. Zod5000 has an interesting concept which may work without a problem.

Just remember, no matter what you do...connecting to live with a modified console is running the risk of being banned. Hands down. No acceptions. So, question is...is the DLC worth it?

You can also...however, if you have a friend, use their console (in conjunction with your hardrive) to purchase the dlc via xbox live, with your gamertag of course. Then take the hardrive home and pop it back onto your console. Walla!

No you ca NOT, DLC are console locked, you dont buy the license to download it, you buy the lincese to have it in your console, the only way to pass licenses from one console to another is via a Microsoft service that can only be used once per year.

I never had problems downloading DLC (never had the DVD inside) my advice is that you buy the MS points only after you connect the xbox to live system.

#6 allenliving

allenliving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(lien @ Feb 1 2010, 06:43 AM) View Post

Newb here! But It's ok, i'm nice with people! biggrin.gif

So, here the story: I've got an Xbox Elite, bought it on lauch and it's a lite-on. I didn't mod it back then cause i was using my friend's Modded xbox to play burned games. I have been to xbox live with my non modded. Then i got the red ring of death sad.gif But M$ fix it up for me in a flash!... and in a flash i mean they toke a month and a half... GRRR!
Afterward, last august to be exact, i've updated my Xbox to the latest update, got my games some DLC and made careful updates with retail bought games THEN i've modded my 360 to a mod shop with ixtreme 1.5. Since then, i have NEVER been online (I don't play my games online (don't want people call me F$#!) and i was too afraid of Bans...). And i've only played a few burned games (most of them 360 exclusive, I've got a strong PC). To those interested, my most recent game i burned is the Beatles rock band. (So before wave 4, am i correct?)
Next week, i'll get it modded to the latest ixtreme LT and so (finally) here's my question:

Even though I've never been online with my modded 360, will i be safe to go online just to get DLC and updates with Ixtreme LT?

Yes, i'm aware some games got updates on the dvd already... it's just that i've got my eyes on those mass effect DLC (1 and 2) and maybe even Castle crashers...

Thanks to the replies even to those who don't know how to help! tongue.gif Love the attention!

Me too.

#7 kingdrako

kingdrako

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Weird I have benq with 1.6 had bought some dlc before moding then the first time i run my old dlc got flagged and couple days later I was banned.......while running moded dlc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users