1 reply to this topic

#1 CombatCarl

CombatCarl

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

Hello, I have a 1. 2 xbox that is currently flashed with 256k bios (X2) from Slushie's Guide. I just recently upgraded the ram with the xbox and I do not have any recognition from any apps. Used Ram delimit and still no prevail. I was wondering what do I need to do if it is bios related. I just made a VGA output connection to my xbox. I did not use the special chip required for I am using a Sync On Green Monitor. Anyway Both the VGA and the Ram are not recognised. I'm sure it's a bios issue and for a solution I am looking into installing a X3 CE to the xbox. For Dual Bios options. I was wondering if I could have some advice on which bios would work appropriately for my situation. I'd greatly appreciate your time. If in wrong location please move appropriately.

Here's the schematic I am using

Option A

And here's the VGA connector, again seen from the cable side to the PC side

If you monitor supports "Sync On Green" you're lucky - you just need a plain cable to connect your AVIP connector with your VGA monitor. No additional electronic components are necessary.

First of all, the picture below shows the pin numbering for the AVIP connector seen from the cable side to the Xbox side.

AVIP Connector

___5_______1____
\ o o o o o /
10 \ o o o o o / 6
\o o o o o /
----------
15 11

VGA Connector
You need to make the following connections:

AVIP Pin 19 to VGA Pin 1 (red)
AVIP Pin 22 to VGA Pin 2 (green)
AVIP Pin 18 to VGA Pin 3 (blue)
AVIP Pin 17 to VGA Pin 6 (red ground)
AVIP Pin 20 to VGA Pin 7 (green ground)
AVIP Pin 16 to VGA Pin 8 (blue ground)

AVIP Pin 9 to AVIP Pin 10 (Mode select, Bit 0)
AVIP Pin 13 to AVIP Pin 14 (Mode select, Bit 2)

The connections of AVIP Pin 9 and 13 are necessary to select the cable ID. The above connections will result in a cable ID of "2" (make sure AVIP Pin 11 is unconnected). This way the Xbox will be able to detect the cable and set the correct modes.

I apologise for I do not have link to give credit to author. * This is Not my work*

I appreciate your time.

Thanks

-Carl

#2 CombatCarl

CombatCarl

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

Problems solved. Thanks to Frosty's Help.

Modz please close thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users