• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

ok so here's the trouble i've got myself into.
i dumped my xenon nand 3 times, none matched. i was tired and really wanted to get this thing working so i basicly decided my first dump should be good. i extracted the keyvault and config from the "nand1.bin" dump, then i inserted these files into "XBR_Xenon_8955_3.bin" and started to write my nand.
when i boot my 360 i get "E79" error, after some google search i decided that it must be the jtag wires (i had no hdd plugged in) so i desolder my diode jtag and solder on the 3 330 ohm resistors instead, but still E79...
after this i decided to reflash my nand with my "nand1.bin" dump, after this my 360 won't start and my lpt can't be found.

so what do i do? i know i've been a total idiot, but please shed some light on my failure!

#2 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

You'll need to put your NAND dumps through Degraded. Make a note of the bad blocks. If the blocks aren't relocated at 0X3FF, then you'll need to reconstruct your NAND using the dumps you've got. Have a look in the troubleshooting tut in my sig on how to do that.

You can use NandCompare to do this, but have a look at your dumps in Degraded first and post back.

Also it looks like your NAND is 'stuck'. In order to 'unstick' this you'll need to short some of the pins on the NAND (Google - XB-Hacker and here will give you the pins).

#3 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(thwack @ Feb 1 2010, 11:51 PM) View Post

You'll need to put your NAND dumps through Degraded. Make a note of the bad blocks. If the blocks aren't relocated at 0X3FF, then you'll need to reconstruct your NAND using the dumps you've got. Have a look in the troubleshooting tut in my sig on how to do that.

You can use NandCompare to do this, but have a look at your dumps in Degraded first and post back.

Also it looks like your NAND is 'stuck'. In order to 'unstick' this you'll need to short some of the pins on the NAND (Google - XB-Hacker and here will give you the pins).

really appreciate your help! will do this and post results in the morning.
thanks again.

#4 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

nand1.bin has alot of bad blocks including 0X3FF, nand2.bin and nand3.bin wouldn't open in degraded.
when i compare the 3 dumps in nandcompare i get 986 non matching blocks found.
EDIT/ block 0x9F found at 0x3FF

Edited by ollekorf, 02 February 2010 - 11:01 AM.

#5 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Open 2 and 3 in a hex editor (HxD is a freeware one), and look at the beginning of the hex. It should say:

' 2004-2005 Microsoft Corporation' on the text at the right of the open window.

If the date '2005' is different, highlight the number where the '5' is and change it to 5, then save as 'alterednand' (so you don't overwrite your orig NAND.bin)

Then try opening them in Degraded again.

The 0x3FF is a bad block re-allocation, so that is usual for relocated bad blocks on NANDs. What you don't want are bad blocks around the 3de/f and 1 area.

If the beginning of your last 2 NAND dumps are bad, Degraded also won't open them - you can copy and paste the start of your NAND from a hex editor to the start of your other 2 NANDs (make sure to save them as copies again, and make sure you copy and past the exact same amount of hex).

Whilst your doing this, as you've already written over your NAND, try opening all 3 in NandCompare, then click the 'reconstruct' button. Then open this new NAND in Degraded.

#6 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

opened 2 and 3 in hxd and saw that you only saw fragments of the " 2004-2005 Microsoft Corporation" so i pasted the same text from nand1 to 2 and 3 and saved them as copies. while nand3copy now opens in degraded, 2copy makes degraded crash.
i took nand1, nand2copy and nand3copy in nandcompare and reconstructed, the result didn't want to open in degraded, it also didn't have the " 2004-2005 Microsoft Corporation" in the beginning so i pasted that in there and tried again, now that file makes degraded crash.

i got bad blocks in the 3de/f and 1 area...

#7 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

oh dear - if you've got a NAND dump without bad blocks in the kv (1) and config (3de/f - although this is less essential), you need to use these. Find the NAND without bb's in block 1, and dump the kv from this. Flash Xell or XBR over to your NAND, and then inject the extracted kv over to the NAND.

Try this first with the good kv NAND, then try with the others.

Also, you could try Redline's Bad Block Remapper on the NANDs, although your data may already be past it sad.gif

Edited by thwack, 02 February 2010 - 12:13 PM.

#8 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(thwack @ Feb 2 2010, 12:12 PM) View Post

oh dear - if you've got a NAND dump without bad blocks in the kv (1) and config (3de/f - although this is less essential), you need to use these. Find the NAND without bb's in block 1, and dump the kv from this. Flash Xell or XBR over to your NAND, and then inject the extracted kv over to the NAND.

Try this first with the good kv NAND, then try with the others.

Also, you could try Redline's Bad Block Remapper on the NANDs, although your data may already be past it sad.gif

when you mean block 1 you mean every block that's like 0x1xx? i have alot of bad ones of those.
can't find redlines bad block mapper, only find bincrypt download.

EDIT/ is it possible to use kv from another xenon dump?

EDIT2/ saw something in here http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=13742.0
something about old xenons can use other kv's, my xenon is a launch 2005 console.

Edited by ollekorf, 02 February 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#9 Looouky

Looouky

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

this is a xenon it's ok you need a donor nand, xenon can use any kv so your lucky... look for the donor nand tutorial. and ask around for some one in your region to lend you a nand dump. any other type of console and you'd be royaly screwed.

Edited by Looouky, 02 February 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#10 ollekorf

ollekorf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Looouky @ Feb 2 2010, 09:23 PM) View Post

this is a xenon it's ok you need a donor nand, xenon can use any kv so your lucky... look for the donor nand tutorial. and ask around for some one in your region to lend you a nand dump. any other type of console and you'd be royaly screwed.

i got ahold of a xenon nand dump (pal) during the day, but i just can't get bincrypt to work so i can't do this guide.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=699353

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users