Photo

How Do U Update Or Fix Evolution X Through Dvds, And Not Ftping?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

I do not have an IP address on my xbox, therefore cannot FTP things onto my xbox because i messed around with a lot of files and replaced them and interrupted the transfer. I can still transfer files to my xbox through DVD-Rs, so im wondering how would i be able to replace or update my evolution X through DVD-Rs?

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

you can either use slayers boot disk or Aid they can give you ftp access so you can fix what needs to be fixed AID might have the dash and you can simply install it using the disk. Or you can use Qwix to create you own boot disk but thats a little more complicated

#3 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

If i do get slayers boot disk, what would i do to fix my problem with my evolution x? How would i be able to start from the very beginning without having to format?

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

I havent used Slayers in a while so just use AID (Auto-Installer Deluxe) you can just reinstall the dash also you it has a file browser so you can go in and delete what ever needs to be deleted manually if you dont want to do a format. I believe AID is far more superior to Slayers any way.

What did you mean you dont have an ip address? if its just a bad setting on your xbox AID might solve that problem when its loaded up. Then you can just ftp what you want over to your xbox

#5 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

trust me, i dont have an IP and cannot be able to obtain an IP on my xbox. A lot of ppl are having this problem too. I just found out that i need to get slayers evox installer and reinstall the dashboard or something. I'm just goin to try do that first, and i'll get back on my status

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

I hope you don't have a softmod. Using Slayer's can wreck it.

You would be better off copying the Evox.ini to your dashboard folder.

What problems are you having? Evox is old, so updating it isn't an issue. Most problems occur with a corrupted Evox.ini file.

#7 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:18 AM

oh man, i have a soft mod. THe problem i'm having is that i no longer cannot FTP to my xbox due to me messing around with the files and replacing them and interrupting them. I can only transfer files through CD-R/DVD-R through EVO-X. Yea i'll try replacing the Evox.ini to my dashboard folder first, then i'll try reinstalling EVOX

#8 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

you should probably turn your xbox on and check what IP your router is assigning it and then change the evox.ini to reflect that (if dhcp is on, on your router then you just need to set it to yes in the evox.ini)

#9 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:46 AM

I use to FTP stuff to my xbox, i no longer can because once again, i replaced files and interrupted transfers and messed around with the main dashboard files and what nots. There is no way i can get an IP address unless i use the slayer boot disc to do something. That is what i need help on, what do i do with this slayer boot disc to start from the very beginning again without formatting.

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Locate eeprom.bin with Slayer's ftp and transfer to PC for safekeeping before you do any more damage.

What softmod was installed?

#11 extrax6

extrax6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

I finally got slayers 2.7 auto installer and it works on my xbox. So if i choose "NEW INSTALL / FULL REBUILD", will this fix everything on my xbox for me to FTP things onto my xbox again?

#12 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

you dont want to do that with a softmod. you only need to use slayers to gain ftp access and change the evox.ini file. and you do need to find your eeprom and back it up to your computer as well (if you dont you will end up with a useless harddrive or have to build an eeprom reader)

#13 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

If you choose new install / full rebuild it will format the C and E drives, removing the softmod and installing the MS Dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users