4 replies to this topic

#1 cloudboy

cloudboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:45 AM

It cut out the rest of my title... I was saying that I am writing xbr.bin at the moment.
I am still pretty new to this stuff. How can I avoid getting banned? Can they detect a flashed NAND?

Edited by cloudboy, 06 February 2010 - 05:50 AM.

#2 ian_hard

ian_hard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

if you want to have your network cable plugged in for ftp and streaming media then just block xbox live in family settings also change your ip address of the xbox to somthing outside of your dhcp client pool (check router for your dhcp pool range it will be under dhcp setting eg. 192.168.1.6 to 192.168.1.100) not sure if that will still alow you to stream stuff to the xbox but it stops you being able to connect to the net

#3 cloudboy

cloudboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Okay thank you very much

#4 ian_hard

ian_hard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

changing your ip adress isnt mandatory and you would be safe with just blocking xbox live in family settings but some people have had problems with it reverting back to stock settings and allowing it to go on live

#5 PaganOne

PaganOne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

We have 4 Xbox's as Media Center Extenders, some JTAG'd and some just DVD modded. I can tell you from experience (Yeah, I learned the hard way mad.gif ) the safest way is to block internet access in your router. That way you can still stream and ftp but never have to worry about checking in with Live (I lost 3 boxes in one day back in November just by firing up Media Center)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users