bucko

Super Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2003 - 02:47 PM

Hiya. I aint got loads of money and this seems a good deal to me. I have gentoox linux on a version 1.1 xbox. I'm hoping to use it with my 19" AOC GLR monitor for Gentoox and maybe games to but I heard that some aren't supported. I also heard that the pal xbox dashboard isn't supported either, but I run Evox as my main dashboard. Is Evox alright for this. Do I have to flash bank 2 with Pixel's 8 firmware. I heard it gives true vga out put. Here is the product I'm thinking of getting. The X-Box D-X VGA Box is to over budget for me. Ill have 60 to spend but as well as getting this vga box I need to also get a usb keyboard and mouse (bear that in mind but going to be cheap one). So if you know any better deals let me know smile.gif .XBOX VGA Convertor

#2 maxgeek

maxgeek

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:08 PM

That VGA Box will work with everything. But the image quality isn't good. Its doesn't really do progressive its just a double liner.

The good vga boxes are xblaster and xboxvga.com and some others. they are transcoders and support HDTV and real progressive video. But they have problems with interlaced video so you don't see xbox dash and gentoox. Unless you can make gentoox progressive. (I don't know how to do this though)

VGA bios is only needed with the true vga cable that you have to make.

Edited by maxgeek, 29 June 2003 - 05:09 PM.

#3 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 06:26 PM

What exactly do you mean by not good. Is it workable. I heard it will just carry the signal rather than just make it tru vga out.

Hum so is it just like a bit stretched or something. I really don't get what "it won't be that good" phrase means with these boxes. I'm hoping to use Gentoox will that be alright (readable, usable) on my monitor. It would just be nice to know cause I don't get that phrase. Thanks for information anyway.

#4 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 June 2003 - 05:58 AM

In honest terms, the picture will look shithouse. It's a line doubler (IMO defined as a poor mans progressive cool.gif), in that it takes an interlaced signal and doubles the scan lines to theoretically create a progressive scan image. It will show up on your monitor ok, but it will be fuzzy and definately not clear at all.

If you used a transcoder (X-blaster, KGaspers XboxVGA) the picture is true progressive all the way and the quality is simple outstanding.

#5 Videogamebuyer14

Videogamebuyer14

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Interests:cars, girls, building computers, making techno, etc. All the good stuff.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2003 - 06:21 AM

Picture looks good on my monitor. Looks like HD. TRy http://www.lik-sang....roducts_id=1533 or http://www.play-asia...3-705fd057.html

I got the VGA BOX. Its a great product.

#6 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:04 PM

Picture looks good on my monitor. Looks like HD. TRy http://www.lik-sang....roducts_id=1533 or http://www.play-asia...3-705fd057.html

I got the VGA BOX. Its a great product.

LOL. Some screenshots of it in action would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users