Photo

Question About Getting A Game To Copy Over...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilxMunkee

EvilxMunkee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

Good Morning all!
I am not sure where this post tech should go, Im guessing here! But here is my question.
I am new to the modding, and did a softmod using the original splinter cell save game exploit to install the softmod 5.1, along with the evox dash.
Now on the HD that comes with my xbox, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory will play from the disk just fine, I have yet to try copying it over but will today to see if it works on the HD as well.
I then used the HD copy tool they said to copy over the data, its like HD something 1.0... anyways... I did that got my eeprom and everything, set up the new HD with the disk I used, Everything is working very well, all my games play off the HD, EXCEPT! Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, it will not even play from the disk.
This is the only game I have run into this problem with, I know it runs off the mod on disk because of the original xbox....
So my question is, how do I get it to run on the newer 500GB hard drive? Normally I wouldnt care, but this was my favorite game on the xbox, and would LOVE it to run. If anyone can help me figure it out I would be deeply grateful, and hell, I will give you a cookie as well lol.
Thanks in advance for all the help and plz excuse my newbness to all this.

#2 EvilxMunkee

EvilxMunkee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

Also! I am using DVD2Xbox to get it to copy over...
and again.. it works on the original Modded HD just fine, but wont load on the 500gb with either the disc on copied over...
If you need anymore info about this plz let me know, all the settings on the original modded xb are the same on the 500gb, and i also disabled the IGR just for safe measure.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

Clear the cache, and the X, Y and Z drives.

But, before you do anything else, make sure that you used XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the 500GB drive, or you'll get data corruption once the disk has more than 256GB of data on it.

Edited by Heimdall, 07 February 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#4 EvilxMunkee

EvilxMunkee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 7 2010, 10:39 AM) View Post

Clear the cache, and the X, Y and Z drives.

But, before you do anything else, make sure that you used XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the 500GB drive, or you'll get data corruption once the disk has more than 256GB of data on it.

K i have used the XBP 1.1, and got the full 500gb hd working smile.gif
as far as sounding completely newbish...
How do I clear the cache and X. Y. and Z drives? smile.gif
I go into settings but I do not see it in there.

**Nevermind I found how to clear cache, but how do I clear the x,y and z drives?

Dude your a genuis! lol I cleared the Cache, just that, and it is working! YAY!
Thank you again so much! this just made my month biggrin.gif

Edited by EvilxMunkee, 07 February 2010 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users