• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OHGSketch

OHGSketch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Ok, so try and follow me here, as this is a baffling issue.

I got an Xbox from a freind, came equipped with EvoX latest release. Main menu had Games, Emus etc directories. i wanted to make XBMC my main dash, so i fired up Auto Installer Deluxe 4.50, proceeded to install the dash as i know how. reboot...same ole evox. i went ahead and nervously formatted C and E folders. restarted, evox pops up, this time with NO directories at all. all i have is Launch DVD and Settings.

Now, i was baffled as to how in the world is evox even still here when i formatted all the folders? people tell me that my xbox is obviously Hard-modded, and not Soft-modded. but its obviously reading from the C or E drives as now my directories to my games and emus are gone. however, when i used the installer disc to install any dash, including evox, nothing happens. the menu options don't come back...nor does any of the dashboards i install boot up. same old evox.

My original goal was to get XBMC as default, but now i just want my box to have the games dir and emu dir back. now you may say, like many others have said....install the dash and make sure evox.ini file is setup properly. done that, my games folder is in F:/Games/ and that's what the ini file says it should be...but yet it still doesn't show up on menu.

Someone mentioned to me that it seems my dashboard [evox] must be on a hidden partition. hence the reason i cannot install any other dash or modify evo files.
Im going out of my mind here. i dont know what mod-chip this guy installed, haven't been able to open box yet either...but i dunno if that will help.
is it possible he FLASHED the evo files? i cannot see any hidden partitions no matter what program i use. i wiped my entire drive to make sure i removed any trace of evo [was nervous too] and when i rebooted, evox pops right back up. if it was a softmod, like i have owned in the past, then its easy...install dash from installer disc, or rename this file to that etc. done. tried it all, and same ole evox with no menu options pops up again and again.

I wasn't thinking to FTP to it before using installer to format. then i would have been able to see how the structure of files was and could replicate it. but i didn't. it boots backup dvd's, and i can use the installer disc to boot the emus/apps/games and i can FTP to PC still. as of this second, my C, E and F folders are slap empty, nothing in them. yet when i reboot, evox still comes up.

Any help will be much appreciated. but i have ruled out that installing a dash thru FTP, renaming this .xbe file to that doesn't do crap. i must access this hidden area where this evox is installed, and don't know how.

-Sketch

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

How do you know your Xbox is hard modded and not soft modded? Which people are telling you this.......?

There's nothing unique about using AID to overwrite your softmod dash. Fortunately it sounds like your Xbox was soft modded with a good, recent softmod that has protected you from your own incorrect assumptions because it has shadow C, and it's now booting the rescue dash from the real C because you've wiped shadow C, and the softmod dash from E.

AID DOES NOT WORK with soft modded Xboxes.

Get hold of CASH or HeXEN 0.99B11-22, and use one of them to rebuild your softmod. Alternatively, work out which softmod you originally had (from the rescue dash it looks like Krayzie 1.1.1) and replace the dash on E manually.

Edited by Heimdall, 08 February 2010 - 10:48 PM.

#3 OHGSketch

OHGSketch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

oh ok so even if i format, it uses this other dash to be safe.....?
and those programs you mentioned will allow me to access these evo files? ill try it now.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

Not quite. You've formatted the shadow C. Your real C, with the softmod and the rescue dash, is still intact. CASH and HeXEn won't "allow you to access those evoX files", they'll rebuild your softmod.

Make sure you read the instructions fully, and don't take any more advice from the people who told you that your xbox is obviously Hard-modded, because they clearly have no clue what they're talking about..... rolleyes.gif

#5 OHGSketch

OHGSketch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

OK so it doesn't allow me to personally touch those files, it just does it for me, rebuilding everything? that's good. i found hexen and its almost done downloading. yah the guys over at xbox360iso told me this stuff....lol [if i wasn't supposed to say the site lemme know ill remove it]

All i want is a normal menu on evox now. so hopefully this will place everything back the way they are supposed to be. then i wont touch the dash stuff anymore.
But you said that AID doesn't do softmods, but my last xbox, which i softmodded myself, i used AID 4.50 to install many dashboards until i got the one i want. or is that not what you meant?

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

That's exactly what I meant. Most of AID is designed for hard modded Xboxes, and it should't be used on a softmod box unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

#7 OHGSketch

OHGSketch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

Ok just extracted, fixin to burn to dvd and fire it up. man, if this helps....ima send you....ummm i have 2 kids....and a wife.....you can have the wife lmao.

UPDATE: ok it didnt come with instructions....
i see a bunch of options and dunno which i should do lol. 5. dashboard tools?

Update again: ok i see instructions now in dashboard repair. woohoo! im one step closer to getting this thing back to kickassery.

UPDATE 3: ok i went to 5. dashboard tools, then to 5.2, dashboard repair toolsthen to install dashboards. installed evo and unleash it said, i rebooted, nothing. same ole dash with no menu options. what am i supposed to do...i see options for chipped boxes, tsop boxes, softmod boxes....but i dunno which i have lol

UPDATE 4: Booyah! i went to Switch Dashboard, chose evox, installed...told me it would show up once i reboot...i doubted it....bam! fresh and clean, and working, dashboard!

Thank you so much Heimdall, this disc is a miracle worker! now i can repair my other xbox lol. hell with AID. tytytytytytyty, wife is in the mail.....

Edited by OHGSketch, 08 February 2010 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users