Photo

28 Days Later - What Was The Ending About?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 June 2003 - 04:04 PM

Hey guys,
I watched 28 days later yesterday and I did not get the ending at all. I mean does this mean that help is on the way? Or are the done for???

Someone plz explain.

Thanks

#2 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 04:58 PM

They are done for. Since there were mentions of outbreaks of the virus on the mainland, then I'd believe all the world went to hell as well.

Edited by akarnid, 29 June 2003 - 04:58 PM.

#3 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:02 PM

But the fighter jet went overhead and it showed the zombies on the ground. It also showed the 3 main characters holding out the sign saying "Hello". Then they says something like, "You think they saw us?" Ok so why were the holsding out the sign? It didnt look like they wanted to be rescued. And why are they like all calm and collected now in like the middle of nowhere? And this fighter jet that was flying - was it one a mission to seek out survivors indicating the outbreak was over?

Im confused blink.gif

It was such a good movie though.

Edited by Anushian, 29 June 2003 - 05:09 PM.

#4 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:25 PM

They were all calm because all the zombies were either dead or dying from starvation. Not much of a threat left in their area. The fighter jet flew by and it will save them. There obviously were parts of the world that were not infected or there were parts that won the battle and they are flying around to see what the hell is up everywhere else. They were saved at the end.

#5 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (darylzero @ Jun 29 2003, 02:25 PM)
They were all calm because all the zombies were either dead or dying from starvation. Not much of a threat left in their area. The fighter jet flew by and it will save them. There obviously were parts of the world that were not infected or there were parts that won the battle and they are flying around to see what the hell is up everywhere else. They were saved at the end.

Thanks for clearing that up darylzero smile.gif

#6 charpunk

charpunk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 12:15 AM

i don't believe the virus ever spread as far as they thought it did. the radio transmissions saying the virus was in new york and paris were fake. they just wanted them to believe there was no hope to escape. i just find it funny how the "army" they meet up with was only broadcasting the messages of a cure to get women. crazy.

#7 koonchu

koonchu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:00 AM

Well, I read an interview with the director and apparently, the fighter jet that we see at the end was a U.S. fighter jet and it headed over them to "finish" them off (drop a bomb). So our "heroes" are pretty much dead.

#8 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (koonchu @ Jun 29 2003, 10:00 PM)
Well, I read an interview with the director and apparently, the fighter jet that we see at the end was a U.S. fighter jet and it headed over them to "finish" them off (drop a bomb).  So our "heroes" are pretty much dead.

Wha??? Well... That kinda sucks Guess its better being safe then sorry anyways laugh.gif
But then the whole movie served no point rather than to tells us that violence has been, is, and alwasy will be a part of society.

Edited by Anushian, 30 June 2003 - 01:12 AM.

#9 Kejoriv

Kejoriv

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 03:47 AM

I just came back from seeing that movie. That movie kicks ass. I thought that the jet came there to save them. Because, that delarious soldier in the cell told the main guy that other countries are fine and they are in quaratine.

28 days is so bloody. I love it.

#10 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Kejoriv @ Jun 30 2003, 12:47 AM)
I just came back from seeing that movie. That movie kicks ass. I thought that the jet came there to save them. Because, that delarious soldier in the cell told the main guy that other countries are fine and they are in quaratine.

28 days is so bloody. I love it.

yeah it was an awesome movie. Kept me entertained the whole time. Too bad the jet was gonna kill em though. That takes alot away from it. They should had the jet there to save em, offer a glimpse of hope for humanity.

#11 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (koonchu @ Jun 29 2003, 09:00 PM)
Well, I read an interview with the director and apparently, the fighter jet that we see at the end was a U.S. fighter jet and it headed over them to "finish" them off (drop a bomb). So our "heroes" are pretty much dead.

Well, the directors may have said that somewhere, but that is not how the movies ends. As a matter of fact the movie ends with plenty of signs that they are going to live. If I remember correctly, there is a shot of dying zombies before we get a look at the 2 survivors and their little home and help sign. The end at worst is left up to interpretation. If the fighters really bombed and killed the surviors where was the blast? Where was the bomb? Why were they so happy? If the directors actually said that the survivors die after everything, then why didn't they show it? Thats pretty bad filmmaking if they wanted to make people believe that the survivors were just waiting to die.

Here is a snippet of a review I found -
Unfortunately, though, the film doesn't have the courage of its convictions. It ends on a hopeful note of all things (kind of like THE WORLD, THE FLESH, AND THE DEVIL). After challenging the viewer with the angst of the world's end, it backs off, unwilling or unable to go all the way.

I think you may be talking about an alternate ending on the DVD.

#12 itsjustme

itsjustme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:15 PM

i think the ending was supposed to leave us guessing.
thats why we have a thread going about it.

i thought that the movie was good but i seemed to be about the only one in the theater to think that.

#13 koonchu

koonchu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (itsjustme @ Jun 30 2003, 10:15 AM)
i think the ending was supposed to leave us guessing.
thats why we have a thread going about it.

i thought that the movie was good but i seemed to be about the only one in the theater to think that.

I always thought it left it up for interpretation. Although, I am going by clues that were spoken in the movie and not some critic's review. But yes, this movie was left open for interpretation.

#14 flagg

flagg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:36 PM

The end at worst is left up to interpretation. If the fighters really bombed and killed the surviors where was the blast? Where was the bomb? Why were they so happy? If the directors actually said that the survivors die after everything, then why didn't they show it? Thats pretty bad filmmaking if they wanted to make people believe that the survivors were just waiting to die.

That may have been the director's initial vision, but new directors seldom get final say on the final edit. They may have filmed the plane dropping the bomb and destroying everything, but since the director doesnt get the final say if may have been removed for a more "happier" ending. Its not bad filmaking, its hollywood politics. Theres a difference.

If you remember, when Jim is tied up in the bathroom with the other soldier who tried to help the woman when the soldier were about to rape her, he states "We were quarantined. The whole world is not destroyed, somewhere right now people are having dinner and watching TV" So at the end when the plane flys over, I think we are supposed to believe that the seargent was right. They were quarantined, the world is not destroyed, so the Lead soldier was wrong. (either that or crazy)

#15 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (flagg @ Jun 30 2003, 10:36 AM)
The end at worst is left up to interpretation. If the fighters really bombed and killed the surviors where was the blast? Where was the bomb? Why were they so happy? If the directors actually said that the survivors die after everything, then why didn't they show it? Thats pretty bad filmmaking if they wanted to make people believe that the survivors were just waiting to die.

That may have been the director's initial vision, but new directors seldom get final say on the final edit. They may have filmed the plane dropping the bomb and destroying everything, but since the director doesnt get the final say if may have been removed for a more "happier" ending. Its not bad filmaking, its hollywood politics. Theres a difference.

If you remember, when Jim is tied up in the bathroom with the other soldier who tried to help the woman when the soldier were about to rape her, he states "We were quarantined. The whole world is not destroyed, somewhere right now people are having dinner and watching TV" So at the end when the plane flys over, I think we are supposed to believe that the seargent was right. They were quarantined, the world is not destroyed, so the Lead soldier was wrong. (either that or crazy)

This movie was made for nothing on DV. The directors had total control over this film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users