5 replies to this topic

#1 Rommul

Rommul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

Hi guys.

I am looking to buy an xbox board TSOP flashed with X2_4983.

I would like to use a 1.5 gig drive (or a 2 gig drive if possible).

Would this be possible with this bios?

#2 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:21 AM

Well be more specific i doubt you would be using a 1.5gig drive im going to assume you mean 1.5tb as 1.5Gb would be very small. In that case it has to use the .67 version of the bios or else it won't see past 137 gb on f: , flashing the TSOP is very easy and if the write enable points are still enabled its as easy as putting in a disc then putting in another one when it ejects and waiting , you don't even have to put any commands in. I would search for old posts about fatx HDD size limit it may work as long as its e-IDE and formatted correctly.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

Sorry, but that's not right. You can use either a .67 (F up to 137GB, the rest in G) or an .06 (all F) BIOS. However, you are better off with a BIOS that supports LBA48 and an on-disk partition table, to give you the flexibility to vary the F/G split as you see fit. I'm not sure if X2.4983 does that, but X2.5035 (needs a 1.0/1.1 Xbox with a 1MB TSOP), iND-BIOS.5003, X2.4981 and Evox M8+ all do.

The current limit is that no single partition can be larger than 1TB. The disk needs to be IDE, but you can't easily buy IDE disks larger than 500GB or occasionally 750GB. If you want a larger disk then it is possible to use a SATA disk with a SATA to IDE adapter, but they can be problematic - have a look at this thread.

#4 Rommul

Rommul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 12 2010, 03:00 AM) View Post

Sorry, but that's not right. You can use either a .67 (F up to 137GB, the rest in G) or an .06 (all F) BIOS. However, you are better off with a BIOS that supports LBA48 and an on-disk partition table, to give you the flexibility to vary the F/G split as you see fit. I'm not sure if X2.4983 does that, but X2.5035 (needs a 1.0/1.1 Xbox with a 1MB TSOP), iND-BIOS.5003, X2.4981 and Evox M8+ all do.

The current limit is that no single partition can be larger than 1TB. The disk needs to be IDE, but you can't easily buy IDE disks larger than 500GB or occasionally 750GB. If you want a larger disk then it is possible to use a SATA disk with a SATA to IDE adapter, but they can be problematic - have a look at this thread.

Thanks guys.

Yes I did mean 1.5TB

I have already been reading that thread over the last two days and it is very informative. I jumped towards the end and see that people are using much larger drives almost routinely so I think I need to read the whole thread to get a full grasp of whats going on.

I see I need to flash my bios to X2_5035.

Thanks for the feedback.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

Ideally yes, but if your Xbox is a 1.2 or later then X2.5035 won't fit - the TSOP chip on the 1.2 and later is only 256k, and X2.5035 is 512k. I can't remember if anyone has had any luck with other BIOSes and SATA drives, but now you're off and running a bit of searching should allow you to find the answer.

#6 Rommul

Rommul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 12 2010, 06:29 PM) View Post

Ideally yes, but if your Xbox is a 1.2 or later then X2.5035 won't fit - the TSOP chip on the 1.2 and later is only 256k, and X2.5035 is 512k. I can't remember if anyone has had any luck with other BIOSes and SATA drives, but now you're off and running a bit of searching should allow you to find the answer.

There is information that is common knowledge that get thrown around casually that is of great use to the uninitiated.

This is why it is good to ask questions (I didn't know that the later BIOS was larger and the newer boards had less space). By asking you pick up bits here and there that can mean everything.

At any rate the board I am buying is going to be a 1.0 so the 5035 should be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users