BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Ok, so i know neogenesis has iso support. The way my cd games are set up right now is game data iso is in a folder, with all the mp3 tracks seperate.

If i was to remake the game into it's own image(e.g the game data track with all mp3 tracks) in one iso would neogenesis read through that?

I don't like having all my sega cd games dissected like this in order to play them, i'd rather have 1 iso per game so i can get the xtras to work with Sega CD.

#2 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

I think that will work, but the CD tracks won't play. I would just stick to Xports guide and live with it. smile.gif

QUOTE(BlueSlingShot @ Feb 10 2010, 01:33 PM) View Post

Ok, so i know neogenesis has iso support. The way my cd games are set up right now is game data iso is in a folder, with all the mp3 tracks seperate.

If i was to remake the game into it's own image(e.g the game data track with all mp3 tracks) in one iso would neogenesis read through that?

I don't like having all my sega cd games dissected like this in order to play them, i'd rather have 1 iso per game so i can get the xtras to work with Sega CD.

Also, the Xtras do work with Sega CD. They need to correspond to the folder name.

#3 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ Feb 10 2010, 10:34 PM) View Post

I think that will work, but the CD tracks won't play. I would just stick to Xports guide and live with it. smile.gif
Also, the Xtras do work with Sega CD. They need to correspond to the folder name.

Yes i know but game preview movies only show up when i navigate to the iso file on the inside of the folder of the game.

I just wanted to have something like as i scroll down each folder with the game name and the preview movie plays.

I matched the folder name right to the xtras and when the folder in highlighted nothing plays. Only an iso file or zip file will play.

#4 Boomin Newman

Boomin Newman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hmm i might take advantage of this thread and ask is their any place to get Sega cd mp3s without getting the full roms?

It just dosnt feel right playing Sonic cd with no music.

#5 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

the set of sega cd games i have are in bin / cue files and you dont even need the cue file. they are also in folders. i named each folder the same as the xmv and it shows the video preview without having to go into the folder just fine. even though the bin files are named differently. i would look into making them bin files if you want to combine the mp3's with the rom itself. but im no expert on this.

#6 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(dballs442 @ Feb 16 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

the set of sega cd games i have are in bin / cue files and you dont even need the cue file. they are also in folders. i named each folder the same as the xmv and it shows the video preview without having to go into the folder just fine. even though the bin files are named differently. i would look into making them bin files if you want to combine the mp3's with the rom itself. but im no expert on this.

My folders are the same exact name as the xmv's and yea they don't show. And i tried making the cd games into bin files and they will load in neogenesis but once they do they hang with a black screen.

The iso if the name is matched shows perfectly.

So your bin files load no problem? uhh.gif

I'm gonna try this again today....

Edited by BlueSlingShot, 20 February 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#7 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

i use iso+mp3, i put everything (without folders) into the emulator rom folder.
Then using the emulator options define the file extensions to be shown, ie BIN / ISO.
This way none of the mp3's appear in your rom list just the rom iso.
Videos and artwork work with this method

#8 irishwhip

irishwhip

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:unhealthy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

you can make a single image file using basic tools like imgburn, but because of the conversion to cd audio, the resulting bin/cue image would be much larger.
better to stick with iso+mp3. i seem to remember neogenesis having the option to show only the image files, so you don't have mp3 file names cluttering up your game list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users