• 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

UnleashX
v 0.38.0515A Build 565
XBOX v1.1 <08>
Latest of NDURE used to Softmod

I can no longer FTP anything to my XBOX. I am using FlashXP as my PC FTP client and have installed nothing as of yet to my xbox. I have made a transfer before and it worked fine. To my knowledge nothing has changed. it just stopped working. I can still log into my XBOX via FTP however errors occur when I try to Transfer

I was trying to install dvd2xbox when FlashXP gave me strange errors....

CODE

[R] CWD Apps
[R] 250 CWD command successful.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/E/Apps" is current directory.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,109,43,31)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 10.0.1.109 PORT: 11039
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for list.
[R] 226 Transfer complete.
[R] List Complete: 54 bytes in 0.03 seconds (1.7 KB/s)
[R] MKD /E/Apps/dvd2xbox
[R] 550 Internal error creating the directory.
[R] CWD /E/Apps/dvd2xbox
[R] 553 "/E/Apps/dvd2xbox": Directory not found.
Transfer queue completed

I thought that possibly "/E/Apps/dvd2xbox" should not have been the target but my logic was flawed and I learned the difference between "Target" and "Path." Regardless I fiddled with this and it made no difference. I tried to create a folder by right-clicking and it did nothing. it just refreshed. I tried creating a folder on my desktop and then transferring it over. This is what happened...

CODE

[R] PWD
[R] MKD /E/Apps/EmptyFolder
[R] 550 Internal error creating the directory.
[R] CWD /E/Apps/EmptyFolder
[R] 553 "/E/Apps/EmptyFolder": Directory not found.
Transfer queue completed

So that didn't work then for the fun of it I tried just making the folder on the GUI for UnleashX using File Explorer, the explorer it comes with. It didn't work either...

CODE

ERROR
An error occurred while creating new folder.
Error Code: 112

I don't know if this means anything but File Explorer also says that D and E partitions are both at 0. This didn't seem to make a difference when I transfered before, nor did it change after transfer.

Transfers have worked before as I said and nothing has been changed. I use a router via DHCP and even my IP has yet to change.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

well D is supposed to be at zero but you should have some free space on E and hat may be why you are getting errors. See if you can clear some space up on E: also see if you can get stuff copied from the xbox. If it allows you to retrieve files but not send then then either the E: is full or something is corrupt.

#3 Forsithe

Forsithe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:08 PM) View Post

well D is supposed to be at zero but you should have some free space on E and hat may be why you are getting errors. See if you can clear some space up on E: also see if you can get stuff copied from the xbox. If it allows you to retrieve files but not send then then either the E: is full or something is corrupt.

You misunderstood. BOTH D and E are at 0. Also I have not installed anything to remove from the E drive. If I removed something from the E drive things might stop working.

To confirm, I can transfer from the XBox to my computer, for reference I downloaded "/E/Dashboard/German.xml" and the "/E/Apps" folder.

Currently I am trying "Restart Network" and "Reset FTP" I will relay the results in just a moment...

EDIT:...

It seems that "Restart Network" and "Reset FTP" (for the record I dont know which)used together and then an attempted transfer of xbox2dvd has yielded the following results in FlashXP...

CODE

[R] CWD /E/Apps
[R] 250 CWD command successful.
[R] PWD
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,109,31,17)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 10.0.1.109 PORT: 7953
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for list.
[R] 226 Transfer complete.
[R] List Complete: 54 bytes in 0.02 seconds (3.5 KB/s)

Is there an error? To me it doesn't look like there is an error however FlashXP acknowledges that there is an error in the transfer with the little graphical red "X" next to the file I want to transfer. and I confirm on the UnleashX GUI that it isn't there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have resolved the issue with installing dvd2xbox however now another issue comes into play. the problem was that I didnt have enough space. I dont think I understood what "0" meant. You were right. All I had on the drive was 1 game. Thats it. Thats gonna be an issue. I something somewhere about unlocking more space. if anyone could help that would be great.

(Btw for the recod I deleted the game and thats what allowed me to install dvd2xbox.)

Edited by Forsithe, 12 February 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:54 AM

yeah the zero meant no free space.

only certain hard drives can get the extra space and it not much. Its not even 2gb of space. thats put on an F partition so it wouldnt really help much unless you moved some apps or what ever to the F partition and had the game on E. you should have enough space on the stock hdd for one maybe 2 games if you dont really have any thing else on there

#5 chris89

chris89

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I have the same issue. 550 Internal error creating directory. I'm running a 160GB 7200RPM hard drive and there's 145GB free...

I Hate these constant ftp issues. Why not have some developer dial in these issues?

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

How is the Xbox modded?

Which version of UnleashX are you running?

How is the disk partitioned?

Which partition are you trying to FTP to?

Does it have enough free space?

Have you tried a different partition?

Oh, and feel free to develop a better solution, any time you like. Let us know when you need help testing it..... In the meantime we'll keep on using FTP, because it works fine, and 99.999% of the issues are PEBKAK.

Edited by Heimdall, 17 April 2012 - 01:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users