#1 paintballer82

paintballer82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:24 AM

Well I guess to start off, my xbox is a 1.6. I took this chip out of another xbox that had died with it in there and installed in a new xbox. I have checked, double checked, and triple checked my soldering and it all seems fine and even used an ohm meter to ensure that nothing was crossed.

So when I start up the xbox, the blue light on the chip comes on but i do not get the lights for the panel on the front to come on at all. Also, the light on the chip that shows green or red for protected/unprotected does not come on either. And it boots up to the regular xbox screen like the chip is not even there.

Do you guys have any ideas on what I can check on this? I have checked the D0 solder point and it seems to be fine. So does this mean my chip is dead or is there something else i can look at?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Edited by paintballer82, 14 February 2010 - 04:26 AM.

#2 SBEEZY

SBEEZY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

did u use the 1.6 lpc rebuild board?

#3 paintballer82

paintballer82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yeah I did. I checked all of the connections on it to make sure that everything that was supposed to be connected was and that everything else wasnt.

#4 pattythefatty

pattythefatty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

what happens when you boot to the back up bios by pressing eject and power at the same time?

#5 paintballer82

paintballer82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:09 AM

It still boots up like the chip isnt there.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Did you connect the separate 5v power lead? On a 1.6 you need to use an alternate 5v source for X2.6 and X3 - see this guide.

Also have a look at this small X3 troubleshooting FAQ.

#7 modsquad777

modsquad777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

I know this reply is late but check the controller switch, had the same issue. I was lucky I had two completely modded xboxes same chip type. by moving one chip to the other xbox with the problem. it was the same. but when I changed the switch it booted up fine. Ps: now I need to figure out rewire or replaced the switch

#8 typahl21

typahl21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:24 AM

I am having a similar problem. I have everything hooked in, the blue light comes on however the red / green light for the unprotected / protected does not come on.

I also seeem to be having trouble with my Hard drive. it is still the stock one, but when I boot it gives my error 7 (harrddrive timeout). I dont know if they are intertwined maybe i screwed something up soldering onto the HD LED, but any help on either would be nice. (btw before you start I did unplug and replug in the IDE cables).

one more question, how do i test to make sure that all my soldering jobs are establishing a connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users