Photo

Fastest Way To Tranfer Over Files Xbox-2-xbox ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Slim

Mr.Slim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

whats the fastest possible way to transfer stuff from one xbox to the other with a crossover cable?
right now I want to backup all my Movies that I have on 1 xbox to my other xbox,
( average like 4.5GB-5GB each dvd movie )
Im using unleash x, but so far its taking a long time. and I have like 40 more and lots of xbox games to transfer over as well.
any quicker way or is this just as fast as it gets? mellow.gif

I want to transfer them over because the hard drive that the stuff is on is kinda freezing on me sometimes, and I dont want it to break with all my stuff on it.

#2 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

from what ive read in the past you need an ftp that supports the passv mode for xbox to xbox transfers. i use xbmc and it has worked fine.
also read that its suppose to be faster if you navigate from the receiving xbox and "take" the files you want from the donor xbox, rather than just sending them from the donor box

i have not tried xbox to xbox transfer with a crossover though. only through my network

edit: ever considered ripping you movies to avi format? a typical dvd movie takes up under a gig of space. meaning faster file transfers and more hdd space

just a thought

Edited by murauder, 15 February 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

You need a client that supports pasv mode if you are using Evox as your dash, because that's the only mode Evox supports. You also need a pasv mode client if you are using an old firewall that doesn't support active FTP. The rest of the time (i.e. if you are using Avalaunch, UnleashX or XBMC) it doesn't matter, because they all support active FTP.

If you run XBMC on both Xboxes you can use FTP or UPNP to connect them to each other. I've never tested them side by side, but UPNP may be quicker. Certainly worth a try if you have loads of data to transfer.

#4 Mr.Slim

Mr.Slim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:25 AM

thanks for the replies,

--yeah I should convert to avi
cuz They take up a hella lot more then 1GB on my xbox grr.gif

--What I ended up doing was
USING XBMC, I think it works faster then Unleash x.
So its all good now, Ill just leave the rest to transfer during the night, should be all done once I wake up.
biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users