#1 Dannermax

Dannermax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

Hello everyone.

I just bought a used Xbox, and was wondering what chip this exactly is. Im guessing its an Aladdin XT.. But does anyone know for sure?

URL=http://img99.imageshack.us/i/chipr.jpg/]IPB Image[/URL]

Another question. When using the IGR (ingame reset), the Xbox resets allright.. but ends up with the screen showing green text.. as if the chip dosent re activate when resets..why?

And finally, does this chip support large harddrive.. or do i need to flash the bios?

Thats it..hope someone knows a thing or two. Ive asked the manufacturer, but no reply!

http://www.aladdin-c.../downloads.html

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:50 AM

It says right on the chip... it's an Aladdin Advance Plus (or more likely a clone of that chip).

It's likely running an outdated evoX M8 BIOS.
It'll need to be reflashed to support large hdd's (larger than 137 gigs).

If you're running EvolutionX dashboard, IGR doesn't work correctly. The problem may be fixed by switching dashboards or reflashing a newer BIOS (M8+ or an Xecuter 49xx BIOS).

These chips were usually pre-flashed prior to shipping with an M8 BIOS so if it has never been updated... it'll need to be in order to support larger hdd's.

Edited by Alex548, 16 February 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#3 Dannermax

Dannermax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yep.. i can see that it sais Aladdin advanced. It just confused me, that the (original) manufacture didnt have any information about an "aladdin advanced" And the ones with a "+" was an Aladdin XT + that didnt look like my chip. So yeah i guess your right. It might be a clone.

Well i flashed the bios with M8plus and installed my new 1TB drive with no problems. The issue with the IGR is still not solved. But a phone call to a local chip dealer told me that i had to rewire the chip from the power button to ground..thus constantly enabling the chip. I hope it will work!! :-)

And thanks for your reply.

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

It's not part of the XT line of Aladdin chips.
It's just called an "Aladdin Advance Plus" or "Aladdin Advance +"
The Aladdin chip was the most commonly cloned chip and it's hard to pin down how many different variations actually existed.

I figured this was a clone when I read "Aladdin Advanced" on the face of your chip. smile.gif

IGR makes the chip boot back to the default dashboard. Depending on your setup, it may be trying to boot the original MS dashboard. If you don't have MS dashboard installed in the default location, you'll end up getting Error 13 message upon using IGR.

Edited by Alex548, 16 February 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#5 Dannermax

Dannermax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

So i guess mt chip is a cheap knockoff.. smile.gif

I installed XBMC from the AID disc. And the installer, installed the standard dashboard at c:/

And when i do the IGN it gives me error code 5.. I havent looked up that error code.. but does that make any sense?

But i guess that if i had the standard dash installed the right place.. it would boot up in that...that is, if i dont activate the chip..!

But thats strange.. i had another Xbox some months earlier, and it could without problems reboot in XBMC.. but didnt have the chip activated all the time...i think... hmm hmm

#6 bobmorton

bobmorton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Going out, business, money making, meeting new friends, sports, weightlifting, internet browsing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

Bettter to update your Alladin chip. I got the updated one and it works well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users