• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honda4eternity

honda4eternity

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:51 AM

I have a falcon console that I got off eBay that has had a succesful x-clamp fix but gives a Update Failed message. It boots up, gives the green X Xbox 360 boot screen, and then it goes straight to the Update Failed screen with the only option of hitting B for Back. If you hit B it gives the same screen without the B for Back. The exact message displayed is "Update Failed-Couldn't find your Xbox 360 Hard Drive. If the hard drive is attached, contact Xbox Customer Support or go to xxx.xbox.com/support. PV:2.0.7371.0 CV:2.0.8507.0" I have tried everything recommended (system updates on CD and USB, holding sync while turning the xbox on with a newer game in the drive, with and without a hard drive attached) to get it to update successfully but nothing has worked. It gives a brief Updating message with a newer game in the drive but it quickly goes away within 2 seconds.

My question what is the current dashboard, is it the 7371 that was unsuccesful at trying to be updated to 8507? What is the PV and CV? I have done several jtag's and I am wondering if the current dash is 7371 and will I be able to get a good read of the nand that will produce a good key vault for XBR? Since I can't fix the current I'd like to jtag it and see but I don't want to waste the time on jtag'n if it's not going to fix the current problem.

Edited by honda4eternity, 17 February 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#2 PaganOne

PaganOne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

You'll have to dump the NAND and open it up in 360 Flash Tool which will tell you your CB and dashboard version without the CPU key. If your CB is exploitable, flashing XBR will get rid of the Failed Update error.

#3 OVIE

OVIE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

You might beable to Flash it with XBR, but the dashboard version is 2.0.8507.0. Even when you mess up and this error pops up, your dashboard is already updated.

And yes there is a way to get in with out flashing/dumping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users