X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods!
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

So for around a week I had my Jasper arcade (512 mb) working great with XBReboot etc. However, I accidentally made a save to the onboard memory unit which I've read screws up the flash (Link). I could only get the 360 to fully boot about 10% of the time. I left it up and running and asked for some help on the XS chat channel on IRC. Someone suggested using Flash360 and just reflashing my version of XBR. I proceeded to do so, followed all of the directions and launched the application from my 360. I used XBRv3BB and everything flashed fine, the shutdown occured and I unplugged the power for 2 minutes. However, after plugging it back in it started to boot and then gave an E71 error. After another shutdown/reboot, the green power LED just stays lit and the console does not fully boot.

After this I decided to just take the long route and flash over LPT, as I left all the NAND wires soldered and did the ethernet port/lpt setup. For some crazy reason, I can't write to the NAND or even read from it. Everything results in errors.

When trying to read the NAND the flash config is "0x00000400" and there's errors reading every block. The errors vary from 0 to 100 and 180. I have checked my wiring and my cable and all looks well. I can't imagine what could be wrong, as this is the same setup that was used to flash it in the first place, and nothing has changed.

I'm wondering if something went wrong when flashing with flash360 coupled with the corruption from saving to the internal memory unit? I'm truly clueless at this point... If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. I have my original dumps of 70mb, and even my full backup of 512. I also have my KV and Config files, so it's literally just a matter of getting it to write.

P.P.S The console no longer boots, at all. Would a bad NAND flash cause this? I never got it to fully write, as all it said was errors.

Edited by Inuyasha152, 18 February 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#2 valek

valek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

I would definately check my LPT wiring again. I had this write 0x000400 error and could not figure why it was doing this. I then just happen to look at one of my wires and it had come off the soldering point on the MB. I soldered this wire to the bottom of the mb cause the soldering point was easier on the bottom and it started to write perfectly. I would use an ohm meter and make sure you have good contact on your solder points to connector.

#3 Inuyasha152

Inuyasha152

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(valek @ Feb 18 2010, 12:55 PM) View Post

I would definately check my LPT wiring again. I had this write 0x000400 error and could not figure why it was doing this. I then just happen to look at one of my wires and it had come off the soldering point on the MB. I soldered this wire to the bottom of the mb cause the soldering point was easier on the bottom and it started to write perfectly. I would use an ohm meter and make sure you have good contact on your solder points to connector.

All of the wiring looks fine, everythings connected etc. I had updated my first post saying the console doesn't even turn on anymore. Before I tried to read anything, I tried to write (no reason to read if I have all of my backup files etc) and it resulted in errors, so I stopped it. I'm wondering if maybe it wrote "something" but didnt finish, and now the console doesn't turn on (it atleast turned on with the green power symbol in the middle before hooking it up to the computer).

Edit: Now the flash confi says "0x0000A000"

I was reading another thread on here and someone was having the same issue, and stated:

"Nandpro was able to detect my NAND. I began doing a read of it, and boy oh boy, did infectus screw the $#!t out of this. I kept getting read block errors over and over and over!"

My theory:

When I ran flash360 it flashed but didn't completely work (console still booted, but with E71/just a green power symbole). Then, when I tried to just reflash XBR over LPT, 'some of it' flashed but because I saw errors, I stopped it.... and that's why I'm getting so many read.. and write errors? Obviously something had to have been written to the NAND, as after trying to write over LPT (and aseeing all the errors) the console no longer boots. I'm guessing the only option at this point would be to erase the NAND and then just flash my 512 backup? Would there be anyway to erase just the first 64mb and then reflash XBR? Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, I'm trying to toss some ideas out there and hopefully someone with more knowledge can point me in the right direction!

To sum it up:

Console currently does not turn on AT ALL. I can read the NAND, but all it shows is errors (It doesn't say "no flash controler found"). When I write to it, all it shows is errors. Wiring/cable all looks fine, its the same setup I used to flash the console in the first place, nothing has changed. I have every backup. What should I do from here?

Edited by Inuyasha152, 18 February 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#4 shtewps

shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Have you not tried to erase it yet??

#5 Inuyasha152

Inuyasha152

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(shtewps @ Feb 18 2010, 02:10 PM) View Post

Have you not tried to erase it yet??

I have not tried to erase it yet, as I am keeping this as a last resort. I've been doing quite a bit of research and it seems alot of people say erasing your NAND can be risky? Is there truly no other way?

#6 Inuyasha152

Inuyasha152

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

I just tried erasing the NAND and it just results in errors everywhere. I'm going to try to resolder the non-jtag cables and try it again. I have one question though - what caused this to happen? Merely a bad flash? Really hoping I wont have to short out the NAND, I could see so many things going wrong with that (considering my current luck).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users