Photo

I Have Made 3 Coasters Out Of Verbatims So Far.. Can Someone Help Me?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 doyouwantaspoon

doyouwantaspoon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

I have a banned modded 360 with a BENQ drive that I have been using for like a year now, and ever since I built my new computer, I can't make any readable backups. I used to use cheap Memorex DL DVDs at max speed with an HP burner and they worked absolutely perfect, but my new computer has a Sony Optiarc drive and I keep making coasters and I don't know why. I made 7 Memorex DL's in to coasters, and so far I have made 3 Verbatims (all 3 at 2.4x burn speed).

Does anyone know what the hell I am doing wrong? my Xbox is only patched for Wave 3 if I remember correctly, so since I am banned already i just use 360WavesPatcher to downgrade everything to Wave 3.

I had MW2 burned to a Memorex disc and it worked great but it got scratched so I tried to make a new one, but they won't work. I get the "unreadable disc, please wipe disc and restart system" error. I am now trying to burn Bioshock 2 and so far I have made 3 coasters all out of Verbatim DVD+DL's at 2.4x.

I even plugged in my old computer and tried burning Bioshock 2 on it with the HP drive at 2.4x, but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions on how to get them to work?

#2 Svantesson666

Svantesson666

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

Sounds like your laser is about to die. You could pot trim your laser. I had the exact same problem with one of my spare drives, BenQ, and did a pot trim last week. Now it works flawless.

Here you got a brilliant tutorial.

http://dwl.xbox-scen...1.0_by_Moda.pdf

#3 doyouwantaspoon

doyouwantaspoon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Svantesson666 @ Feb 19 2010, 10:40 AM) View Post

Sounds like your laser is about to die. You could pot trim your laser. I had the exact same problem with one of my spare drives, BenQ, and did a pot trim last week. Now it works flawless.

Here you got a brilliant tutorial.

http://dwl.xbox-scen...1.0_by_Moda.pdf

Yeah you would think that, but all of my old games that are burned to memorex discs work great still! i tried 3 different games (WET, Halo 3 ODST, and Bioshock 1) and they all work just fine. I think it may have something to do with the way i altered the Bioshock 2 ISO.. Changing it to Wave 3 etc, so I am trying to burn MW2 with a Verbatim in my Sony drive (the same MW2 iso I had working once before with the HP drive + memorex DL DVD) and i'm going to see how it works.

If this Sony drive can't successfully burn an iso to a verbatim disc, i am going to throw it out my window.

QUOTE(doyouwantaspoon @ Feb 19 2010, 11:11 AM) View Post

Yeah you would think that, but all of my old games that are burned to memorex discs work great still! i tried 3 different games (WET, Halo 3 ODST, and Bioshock 1) and they all work just fine. I think it may have something to do with the way i altered the Bioshock 2 ISO.. Changing it to Wave 3 etc, so I am trying to burn MW2 with a Verbatim in my Sony drive (the same MW2 iso I had working once before with the HP drive + memorex DL DVD) and i'm going to see how it works.

If this Sony drive can't successfully burn an iso to a verbatim disc, i am going to throw it out my window.

Ok well i just successfully burned MW2 on a Verbatim @ 2.4x with my Sony drive.. I guess that just means I have messed up the ISO for BioShock 2 too much..

I still have all the .rars so I can extract a clean version and delete all the other ones, but my 360 is only patched for Wave 3. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? I've tried patching it to Wave 2 and Wave 3 with 360WavesPatcher but neither tries worked, and I just got the unreadable disc error..

#4 RMF

RMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(doyouwantaspoon @ Feb 19 2010, 11:21 AM) View Post

Ok well i just successfully burned MW2 on a Verbatim @ 2.4x with my Sony drive.. I guess that just means I have messed up the ISO for BioShock 2 too much..

I still have all the .rars so I can extract a clean version and delete all the other ones, but my 360 is only patched for Wave 3. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? I've tried patching it to Wave 2 and Wave 3 with 360WavesPatcher but neither tries worked, and I just got the unreadable disc error..

It sounds like a burner issue. Why don't you just pick up a new one? They're really cheap these days.

#5 barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

i am guessing that you are using imgBURN?
either set the layerbreak or use abgx and it creates a dvd file(wich in return states and corrects the layerbreak)

#6 Syn201

Syn201

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

it may be your drive sony optirac and the dru don't work to well for burning 360 games iv used them both and they where both crap you want to use x4 as well not 2.4
updating firmware would be the easiest way to fix problem
i guess as stated previous to me your running games threw abgx which checks the iso ect
even with a banned console it is better to have newest firmware over a patcher which will ruin most isos ..

#7 doyouwantaspoon

doyouwantaspoon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(Syn201 @ Feb 19 2010, 05:53 PM) View Post

it may be your drive sony optirac and the dru don't work to well for burning 360 games iv used them both and they where both crap you want to use x4 as well not 2.4
updating firmware would be the easiest way to fix problem
i guess as stated previous to me your running games threw abgx which checks the iso ect
even with a banned console it is better to have newest firmware over a patcher which will ruin most isos ..

Ok well I can't just update my firmware because I'm not the one who modded my xbox. One of my friends friends did it a long time ago.

My Sony drive works fine, i burned MW2 last night. I need need to fix the Bioshock 2 iso.. but I don't know how.

#8 Deathtrap

Deathtrap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

Ok m8
first off. Something everyone else failed to ask.
Is the disk failing during burn and are you running a verification once burned this should help rule out the drive as being the cause.

Now downgrading an ISO is a tricky job and can lead to issues

downgrade the game to wave 3

www.megaupload.com/?d=2CCCE1OQ

The tool above is in french for the install part use this guide on how to install http://topforum.com/...structions.html

WARNING : Modifying ISOS will get you banned from LIVE. Isos are not stealth anymore, use at your own risks.

Before downgrading run through ABGX to ensure all data is correct

#9 doyouwantaspoon

doyouwantaspoon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(Deathtrap @ Feb 19 2010, 11:57 PM) View Post

Ok m8
first off. Something everyone else failed to ask.
Is the disk failing during burn and are you running a verification once burned this should help rule out the drive as being the cause.

Now downgrading an ISO is a tricky job and can lead to issues

downgrade the game to wave 3

www.megaupload.com/?d=2CCCE1OQ

The tool above is in french for the install part use this guide on how to install http://topforum.com/...structions.html
WARNING : Modifying ISOS will get you banned from LIVE. Isos are not stealth anymore, use at your own risks.

Before downgrading run through ABGX to ensure all data is correct

I already have 360WavesPatcher.. I said that in like 4 different posts. The disc doesn't fail mid-burn, it completes all the way, and I do not do verification. when I run the RAW .iso through ABGX, it tells me that Wave data is unknown. has ABGX just not been updated since Bioshock 2 was released?

#10 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

I still have all the .rars

Does this sound familiar?

#11 grimreaper204

grimreaper204

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

Try using xbox backup creator, new support for higher waves hasn't let me down yet, as for verbatims you really want to use the 8x speed discs not the 2.4x, memorex has a short decay life, had problems with them early on so I only use verbatims now, and just get the firmware update that way you don't have to deal with further waves and downgrading, will take away most of the frustration and its dirt cheap to get an update, spend a little get a little, ultimately it could be a burner problem, try swapping your old drive from old comp into new one or just buy one, I bought an LG for sale for $30, either way you are saving $100s so whats a little extra money, don't cheap out tongue.gif

goodluck

#12 Lurkin

Lurkin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Feb 19 2010, 11:19 PM) View Post

I was thinking the same thing 1hotjob, thanks for the funny little animation.

As far as the burner, I prefer the pioneer, I've never made a coaster using it.

#13 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

i hate to sound like a know it all but none suggested these tips:

the booktype for your burner to burn disc must be set to DVD ROM but i doubt it is your issue

try update the firmware of the burner at oem site

honestly burning discs is so last year...why dont you just jtag and ftp?!!!!

toodles

Edited by xmugen360, 22 February 2010 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users