Photo

What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you use to power your Wireless controller?

What do you use to power your Wireless controller?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

I use a wired controller, so I don't have to deal with buying/recharging batteries. Plus no need to buy the wireless adapter to use the controller with a computer, just plug it into the USB port and download the driver.

#62 Zod5000

Zod5000

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

I use Sanyo Eneloop Rechargables. It's great because I run about 4 spare batteries.. so when anything runs out, I can just swap 'em.. never have to wait for a recharge.

eneloops last quite the while too.

#63 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

i have 4 wireless controllers that i dont use, and 2 play and charge kits. i have one official wired one that i use most of the time as it is lighter and more comfortable. of course thats for the 360 in my room where i have it hooked up to a computer monitor. in the living room on the big screen, i use wireless - and i have 4 controllers for that console, and 2 play and charge kits. when one dies i plug that in, and let it charge overnight.

so yeah, 8 wireless, one wired, and 4 play and charge kits. i also have the standalone quick charger for the living room as well.

#64 SkH

SkH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Official Play and Charge Kit!
You just can't beat the best! wink.gif

#65 rookie4sho

rookie4sho

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

I use the official battery pack however I DO NOT use the xbox to charge it. I use the Konnet Xbox 360 Power Pyramid Charger which is the best in my opinion. Too much problems with using the xbox to charge the controller. Since ive been using this dock/charger my controller lasts a good 3-4 days! when I was using the 360 to charge, it only lasted 1 day (2 days if lucky).

The Pyramid Charger looks good too and was a decent price to me $40 amazon, holds 4 controllers also.

Infact I bought my cousin one for X-mas and he doesnt stop talking about it since both his PS3 and Xbox controllers charge great with it. (Theres a version that holds both)

infact heres the link for it im so pleased with this purchase, perhaps someone else would benefit from it! cool.gif

http://www.amazon.co...m...6244&sr=8-2

#66 MoonTar

MoonTar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

I use the Charge Station so I can power two batteries at once. smile.gif

#67 nexxusty

nexxusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Grim187 @ Feb 21 2010, 06:36 PM) View Post

if your not using a wired controller your not a true gamer.
Edit: you forgot M$ Quick Charge.

I miss my Wired controller...

Traded for a Black Wireless for to match my Elite. Noticeable difference in response time. I'd say about 5-10ms.

wink.gif

#68 dave0w

dave0w

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

3.99 ebay crap that lasted 2 years
4800m with usb charger

#69 TreyTable

TreyTable

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:videogames, Transformers, stickers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(RichMR2 @ Feb 22 2010, 06:15 AM) View Post

No option for MS Rechargeable battery and stand alone quick charger so had to choose play & charge kit... not the same thing but the closest on the list.

MS battery & charger charges much faster than standard rechargeable AAs and price wise, are around the same, that's why I use this.

I also use the stand alone quick charger for the standard 360 pad, but I also use wired for fighting games and some XBLA games, wired as in a joystick.

#70 fatvince

fatvince

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

I use a AA recharger that plugs into the USB port of anything, so no need for a seperate power supply. $5 and been using it for 3 years.. can't imagine doing it any other way.

#71 mioux

mioux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

official play and charge kit.... because when i've bought it, it was the only option (but batteries) biggrin.gif

Oh and I tought I could play on my PC too

#72 1nsan3

1nsan3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Location:United States Of This is not a free country no more
  • Interests:Banging The Govt
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Wife works at the hospital so .. they use there devices with batterys only once then replace the batterys. so yes.. I got tons of batts.

#73 malckdaddy

malckdaddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Electronics. In general.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:33 AM

Regular AA's. Need to get another charger cable for my controller.

#74 Ecosse360

Ecosse360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

Got a good deal on a Duracell rechargable AA charger pack. Been using them since then.

Can't wait for the Razer Onza to come out at the end of the year. It's wired but I think it'll be the business!!!

Edited by Ecosse360, 02 June 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#75 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

I originally was using a Game brand unofficial kit, but a resistor inside it overheated and melted after only a few days use.

I took it back and got the official kit, barely gets warm and battery still working quite well considering its over a year old now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users