Photo

What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you use to power your Wireless controller?

What do you use to power your Wireless controller?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

I voted for rechargeable AAs

Microsoft Play and charge kits use cheep brand batteries. Took two apart because they stopped charging. They suck. High-end rechargeable AAs can be used in other devices as well + last longer! cool.gif

#77 unp0ssible

unp0ssible

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

i bought a usb rechargeable battery pack from a chinese ebayer and it only worked for 40 minutes then died, wouldn't hold a charge after that. he sent me another one and the same thing happened but it was 35 minutes. it recharged again but after that it ended up dying again completely like the first.

lesson learned, stop being so cheap.

i never used my wireless controller though cause i hate changing batteries mostly
but something about using a wired controller feels right. i bet its kinda like how some animals would be unbalanced without their tails

Edited by unp0ssible, 17 July 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#78 69mw69

69mw69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

duracell rechargable AAAs have been money well spent they last ages. Paid 7.99 for 4 AAAs complete with 3 hour charger

#79 Tropheus

Tropheus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and cichlids.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

I've never been able to use rechargeable AAs in my controllers. I've wanted to, but they won't work. Aside from the fact that they barely fit, the controller powers off after a few seconds!

I've used brand new Eneloops and Energizer rechargeables, right out of the charger and the controller powers off after a few seconds. How is it that 30% of the people on this poll use them on a regular basis? Am I missing something?

#80 rattman1

rattman1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:31 AM

Honestly I hate buying batteries or recharging my controller so I use nothing but wired since I'm so lazy. dry.gif

#81 MrMikeJJ

MrMikeJJ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

i gave up on the official one after it stopped holding it's charge (lasted a year or so). then i was just playing with it permanently connected via the play and charge cable.
eventually Upgraded to a wired controller smile.gif

#82 jza802k

jza802k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Original play and charge kit died so have been using the Nyko charger for the past 2 years without a problem.

#83 rtechie

rtechie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

I use this, the Nyko Xbox 360 Charge Base.

You can drop 2 controllers in (the charging contacts are on the back of the battery packs) and it acts as a stand for the controllers. Comes with 2 proprietary rechargable NiMH battery packs.

I got mine back in October 2006 and it still works fine with the battery packs that came with it. Charge time is pretty quick, but not as good as the very best rechargeable batteries. It's WAY more convenient though, you never have to open the battery packs or unplug/plug any cables. This is important for me as my Xbox 360 is in a closet in a separate room from my TV.

#84 UT0PAL1N3

UT0PAL1N3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

Rocketfish wireless charge pad from Best Buy, love it and the batteries last a long time and for only $30 for 2 batteries and the charger.

#85 xXlogXx

xXlogXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

I use a wired controller. Using that play and charge kit seems to defeat the purpose of wireless....

#86 afhaaljap

afhaaljap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

time for a new poll? (maybe wait for the next banwave:P)

#87 p3eps

p3eps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

Official play and charge kit for me too.
I have a white one and a black one, but two black controllers! The white one was from my original 360, and is still going strong!

#88 bmwbmwbmw

bmwbmwbmw

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:07 AM

So, after 8 months of votes, we've determined that 39% of XS members are idiots, 31% aren't completely retarded, 16% are completely retarded, 9% are unknown, and 5% are lazy/cheap. Yeah, that sounds about right. tongue.gif

Edited by bmwbmwbmw, 18 October 2010 - 03:10 AM.

#89 MidKnightSecs

MidKnightSecs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

Enegizer Dual Rechargeables all the way. Kit comes with 4 AA or 4 AAA and charges both. Batteries are about $3.50 a piece but I get about 3 years out of them before they start to loose charge faster and even then it's just a about 30 minutes a month or so till dead. Why limit yourself to one device, I agree with that as well, I run all my battery powered electronics on rechargeables and have saved a fortune on batteries.
Now if we can just get hydrogen powered cells with chargers....

#90 bmwbmwbmw

bmwbmwbmw

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

What's really sad is most of them don't even know how badly they're getting ripped off.

IPB Image

P. T. Barnum was right.

Edited by bmwbmwbmw, 26 October 2010 - 09:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users