6 replies to this topic

#1 gs1

gs1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:51 AM

Figured this way the best place to ask;

I rarely use my original XBOX, however, for the one game my friends and I do still actually play (fuzion frenzy) I am looking to copy music onto the xbox hard drive.

I bought a few CD-RW's because I remembered reading somewhere you can burn an audio cd on them and they would rip to the XBOX flawlessly, I found this to be false. I am not able nor willing to MOD or set up an FTP connection.

So my question is, How can I burn a CD-RW with music files that my XBOX will be able to read and copy correctly?

Please help this newbie out! uhh.gif

Thanks.

#2 chocolatecheese

chocolatecheese

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

Do you know which DVD drive your xbox has?

And generally, many older drives have difficulty reading the CD-RW format. While i have heard that all of the xbox drive models support CD-RW, I don't remember the exact supported formats. You might want to try a CD-R.

Also, I forgot to mention to re burn the CD-RW at the lowest write speed and try that.

The brand of the disc is also said to affect quality. Verbatim is generally said to be the best quality brand to go with.

Edited by chocolatecheese, 23 February 2010 - 08:26 AM.

#3 gs1

gs1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(chocolatecheese @ Feb 23 2010, 02:22 AM) View Post

Do you know which DVD drive your xbox has?

And generally, many older drives have difficulty reading the CD-RW format. While i have heard that all of the xbox drive models support CD-RW, I don't remember the exact supported formats. You might want to try a CD-R.

Also, I forgot to mention to re burn the CD-RW at the lowest write speed and try that.

The brand of the disc is also said to affect quality. Verbatim is generally said to be the best quality brand to go with.

How can I figure out what drive my system has?

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

Look here.

Google is your friend. You will also have to google what media and brand works best for your dvd drive.

#5 gs1

gs1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Feb 23 2010, 02:34 PM) View Post

Look here.

Google is your friend. You will also have to google what media and brand works best for your dvd drive.

I have a "Thompson" brand drive, will this help someone diagnose my problem?

Thanks

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(gs1 @ Feb 23 2010, 09:51 PM) View Post

I have a "Thompson" brand drive, will this help someone diagnose my problem?

Thanks

yes, thomsons suck

a few tips are do a complete erase of the disc beforehand and burn it as slow as possible, although it still not guaranteed to work

#7 chocheonline

chocheonline

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

I will tell you that yes, you can upload music to your xbox hdd by using CD-R and not CD-R W. Well, at least for me only works with CD-R 's . But you have to make sure that you are using a Xbox-2nd model. Yeah, I tried to do it with the first model that comes with the ugly controllers and did not work. Then my friend let me used his new Xbox version with the new controllers and it worked fine. You don't need any kind of mod. Just place the CD-R on the tray and load the game to your Xbox. Remeber that CD-RW don't work, only CD-R . good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users