• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

Hi Ho
slow booting
I have 2 XBoxes, one with EvoX and the other with UnleashX installed as default dash.
In comparison, UnleashX takes waaay more time to boot (until I may do anything in the menu) than EvoX.
EvoX (80GB HDD, softmod) takes about 17 sec. from switching power on, whereagainst UnleashX (120GB HDD, chipped) takes about 25 sec. from powerON to the menu.
As a side note, it was not always taking THAT long. Now it stays at a blank screen for a few seconds, which is a quite new phenomenon.

I know that UnleashX is offering much more than EvoX, which substitutes for a little longer booting, but THAT long?
I also have another XBox, with a clean fresh new installation of UnleashX and only the original HDD inside (softmod). That one takes about 21 sec. to boot.

Can it be the old HDD (120GB) that causes this slow boot speed, or do I just have to "defrag" the HDD?

warm reboot
Is there the option to change the reboot type of UnleashX to "warm"?
I wonder since I do not want the Xbox to launch the game in teh DVD tray after "reset by controller".
uhh.gif
thanks for any help
Tosnic

#2 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

How are you modded, if they are softmodded are they all the same expliot?

There is no way to defrag an xbox that I know of.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "warm", if you mean after an in game reset, then yes. I am not infront of my xbox right now so you will have to look around, but I believe it is in the settings somewhere. Just untick what you dont want to boot on start or on an in game reset.

Edited by bearcreek, 23 February 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#3 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

@ reboot: I have searched the system settings over and over, but did not find any way to configure the type of reboot/IGR. I had even looked inside the config.xml - no reboot type settings, either :-(

@ slow booting: I have now changed the "slow" xbox's HDD for a new one et voilá! the boot process is as fast as normal. Thus that problem is now solved.

@ defrag: there is one (pretty awkward) technique to defrag an xbox HDD: backup all data and completely rewrite the HDD ;-)

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

@ reboot: I have searched the system settings over and over, but did not find any way to configure the type of reboot/IGR. I had even looked inside the config.xml - no reboot type settings, either :-)

What I was talking about was changing what media it will boot at startup or "reset by controller" (which is called "in game reset" or IGR). In the settings somewhere, you can select or deselect what media it will or will not boot (ie. games, movies, data, etc.) on startup and IGR. This is what I thought you meant by "warm reboot".

@ defrag: there is one (pretty awkward) technique to defrag an xbox HDD: backup all data and completely rewrite the HDD ;-)

That is not really a defrag, but I guess if you have alot of time, that would work.

Edited by bearcreek, 25 February 2010 - 02:35 PM.

#5 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Feb 25 2010, 02:28 PM) View Post

@ reboot: I have searched the system settings over and over, but did not find any way to configure the type of reboot/IGR. I had even looked inside the config.xml - no reboot type settings, either :-)

What I was talking about was changing what media it will boot at startup or "reset by controller" (which is called "in game reset" or IGR). In the settings somewhere, you can select or deselect what media it will or will not boot (ie. games, movies, data, etc.) on startup and IGR. This is what I thought you meant by "warm reboot".

Yeah, to begin with I had everything unchecked that could somehow relate to autorun =)
By "cold" boot I mean that the game will be run before the Dashboard. E.g. My EvoX never runs anything after IGR.
Strangely, my friend's Xbox (with an uber-old EvoX) does even run backups on startup (though I don't know his settings).

It cannot be a Disc-drive issue, since I tested UnleashX's behaviour on another Xbox as well. It acted just like mine.

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Feb 25 2010, 02:28 PM) View Post

That is not really a defrag, but I guess if you have alot of time, that would work.

At least it serves the same purpose :-p

#6 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

What bios are you using? Some bios need a patch for the IGR to work.

If it is the softmoded xbox, try updating the softmod. I think some of the old softmods dont support IGR.

Edited by bearcreek, 26 February 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#7 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

It's not that IGR is not working. The only problem is that the game inside the DVD-drive is launched after IGR.
The chipped Xbox is equipped with the latest UX version from the usual places, whereagainst the softmodded XBox has the UX version which come with SID 5.1 final, which I think is not the oldest, either ;-)

Concerning the Bios: XBMC cannot tell me which Bios the chipped Xbox is running on. Plus, I don't get how to enable that. But since the softmodded XBox does the same thing, I suppose it is not a Bios fault.

thank you for your anticipation =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users