#16 Protosstic

Protosstic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(schmurtz @ Feb 25 2010, 07:24 PM) View Post

Protosstic -> it's probably due to an existing folder for the iso that you try to extract. Try to delete it first with a FTP client.
(exemple for Mygame.iso try to find and delete the folder "Mygame"

niai -> You've got source files of exiso.exe here, it comes from this post. Check it, no virus inside and you can compile it by yourself wink.gif

Hey Hey,

It's not that, I am doing it all locally - and funny enough, when I choose an iso, and a destination folder, It makes random folders in the source directory containing a word or two of the source iso name - e.g. Tried with the iso F:\Xbox 360\Fifa 09.iso. Destination was C:\Xbox 360 Games\. Added it, clicked the Go! button, 2 secs later I get a prompt that 0 files were extracted - open error: 360 Permission denied, and it created a folder named 09 in my F:\Xbox 360\ folder (so F:\Xbox 360\09\) - which was empty. It also made another directory in F:\Xbox 360\ named Games, with another folder Fifa within (F:\Xbox 360\Games\Fifa) - Also empty

Hope that helps in maybe weeding out a bug?

*Update: Just played with it a bit, seems the issue has to do with spaces in either the iso filename or the source/destination path! Moved file to F:\ - renamed to Fifa.iso, destination C:\Xbox\, and it worked!

Edited by Protosstic, 26 February 2010 - 02:56 AM.

#17 Pagaja

Pagaja

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

Is it possible to extract the Iso to a folder without the .iso automatically being added to the end. Quickboot doesn't like the ".". I think in exiso the parameter is -x.

#18 kettenschutz

kettenschutz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

hey

all games i extracted with this guy on my 360 wont boot ..
if i use another gui with exiso extraction, games boot up fine. didnt know what the problem is, screen keeps black if i try to start the games, extracted with this gui o.O

#19 Pagaja

Pagaja

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

kettenschutz try to rename the folder this GUI creates and remove the".iso" as quickboot doesn't like the ".". It should work fine from Xexmenu though.

Edited by Pagaja, 26 February 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#20 schmurtz

schmurtz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Protosstic @ Feb 26 2010, 02:51 AM) View Post

Hey Hey,

It's not that, I am doing it all locally - and funny enough, when I choose an iso, and a destination folder, It makes random folders in the source directory containing a word or two of the source iso name - e.g. Tried with the iso F:\Xbox 360\Fifa 09.iso. Destination was C:\Xbox 360 Games\. Added it, clicked the Go! button, 2 secs later I get a prompt that 0 files were extracted - open error: 360 Permission denied, and it created a folder named 09 in my F:\Xbox 360\ folder (so F:\Xbox 360\09\) - which was empty. It also made another directory in F:\Xbox 360\ named Games, with another folder Fifa within (F:\Xbox 360\Games\Fifa) - Also empty

Hope that helps in maybe weeding out a bug?

*Update: Just played with it a bit, seems the issue has to do with spaces in either the iso filename or the source/destination path! Moved file to F:\ - renamed to Fifa.iso, destination C:\Xbox\, and it worked!

I'll check it tonight. Please check that you have really the last exiso-gui version (1.0.0.5) , if not please download the new version. Versions before 1.0.0.3 had a problem with folder names spaces !

QUOTE(kettenschutz @ Feb 26 2010, 08:33 AM) View Post

hey

all games i extracted with this guy on my 360 wont boot ..
if i use another gui with exiso extraction, games boot up fine. didnt know what the problem is, screen keeps black if i try to start the games, extracted with this gui o.O

Mhhh very strange, I have extracted 35 isos without problems and others GUI use the same exiso.exe.
The problem probably comes from another thing in your configuration !

QUOTE(Pagaja @ Feb 26 2010, 03:07 AM) View Post

Is it possible to extract the Iso to a folder without the .iso automatically being added to the end. Quickboot doesn't like the ".". I think in exiso the parameter is -x.

Hi, can you check that you have last version (1.0.0.5) too, the name is now without .iso now.

QUOTE(Pagaja @ Feb 26 2010, 03:07 AM) View Post

Hi, can you check that you have last version (1.0.0.5) too, the name is now without .iso anymore.

#21 Protosstic

Protosstic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(schmurtz @ Feb 26 2010, 12:21 PM) View Post

I'll check it tonight. Please check that you have really the last exiso-gui version (1.0.0.5) , if not please download the new version. Versions before 1.0.0.3 had a problem with folder names spaces !
Mhhh very strange, I have extracted 35 isos without problems and others GUI use the same exiso.exe.
The problem probably comes from another thing in your configuration !
Hi, can you check that you have last version (1.0.0.5) too, the name is now without .iso now.
Hi, can you check that you have last version (1.0.0.5) too, the name is now without .iso anymore.

Yep, got 1.0.0.5 of your package - includes extract-xiso v2.5 (10.25.05).

#22 Pagaja

Pagaja

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

Yes latest version here and getting .iso when I FTP and no .iso for local. Also have to have the destination folder name with no spaces for local.

Edited by Pagaja, 27 February 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#23 deeptrap

deeptrap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

Same problems here

if i create Directory on my usb under games, and i double click this dir the program hangs.

also it creates a name,iso on my ftp.

last prboelem, i tried sonic and seca, and get a write error after a minute or 9 and he would not futher extract.

#24 R1chard5

R1chard5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Hi schmurtz smile.gif

I tested your handy gui in local extraction mode, so i'm reporting
several bugs i noticed over the night wink.gif

-If i browse for a destination folder and add a folder name manually,
the program will append the filename to that "new folder"

example :
game is SONIC
Destination dir SONIC doesn't exist
D:\GAMES\ is my local USB hdd on computer.
filename is "file-son.iso"

So it will perfectly extract in that folder :

D:\GAMES\SONICfile-son

-The transfer speed seems to slow down over time after a good number of
isos extracted (like going from 15mb/sec to reach speeds like 1Mb/sec or even less),
The program is then extremely lagging, like you can barely click on your isos list
or log window. if i let the last iso finish normally, instead of the time elapsed, i'll get
some runtime error out of bounds/range something like that dialog box.

-If you could add a "stop" button smile.gif

Note that i'm running Win7/x64.

Else your tool is more handy than schtrompf for many iso extractions at once.
Thank you for that, i just upgraded my USB hdd so i needed an easy way to fill it smile.gif

#25 schmurtz

schmurtz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies !
I'm working on it, I'll coming back for new version very soon.

#26 R1chard5

R1chard5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:36 AM

Glad to read that you are on it, good luck with the coding smile.gif

I'm pretty sure that your gui is going to be the defaut app of everyone to use for jtag'ed consoles.

PS: 2 quick suggestions.
If the scrollbar's position could stay at its location when you manually
moved it during an extraction because after each file, it's automatically resetted (so it's unusable
during iso processing).
And is it possible that the program continues with your newly added isos if extraction has already
been launched ? (like you had 3 isos in the list, you launch extraction, then you add in same time
2 more isos, for now it will stop afer the 3 former isos.)

Thanks for helping us schmurtz ! smile.gif

Edited by R1chard5, 28 February 2010 - 05:38 AM.

#27 schmurtz

schmurtz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

New version 1.0.0.6 :
I 've tried to respond to all your remarks.

News :
- Multiple corrections of bad path for destination folders. (no more ".iso" in FTP folders names, no more incorrects folders for local extractions)
- less CPU consumption during extraction.
- ISOs Autoloading : loads all iso files contained in a folders and sub-folders.
- Drag and drop iso files directly in queue list.
- It's now possible to add or suppress ISOs files in the queue list during extraction.
- stop extraction process button.
- 2 progress bars (for current ISO extraction and global extraction)
- it's now possible to stop auto scrolling of the result window.
- success/failed extractions are now displayed at the end of the extraction.
- Minimizing window is now allowed.

The download link have been updated.

Some issues at that time :
- FTP connection works with XeXmenu only.
- FTP iso extraction works only on 21 port (but "QuickBoot menu maker" works with any port)

Edited by schmurtz, 01 March 2010 - 12:20 AM.

#28 Me9a

Me9a

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

some suggestions:

- make it work with freestyle dash ftp server
- make an checkbox to dont uplod/extract the folder $SystemUpdate
- folder remembering (so i dont have to browse allways to C:\some stuff\something\xbox360\an game\halo or something) from hand and on xbox360 too every time i start exiso
- and add an bar or something to see how fast it is uploading currectly on ftp

anything else is pretty nice n1 gui and good program

worked good for me wink.gif

great work

Mega

Edited by Me9a, 01 March 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#29 R1chard5

R1chard5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(schmurtz @ Feb 28 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

New version 1.0.0.6 :
I 've tried to respond to all your remarks.

News :
- Multiple corrections of bad path for destination folders. (no more ".iso" in FTP folders names, no more incorrects folders for local extractions)
- less CPU consumption during extraction.
- ISOs Autoloading : loads all iso files contained in a folders and sub-folders.
- Drag and drop iso files directly in queue list.
- It's now possible to add or suppress ISOs files in the queue list during extraction.
- stop extraction process button.
- 2 progress bars (for current ISO extraction and global extraction)
- it's now possible to stop auto scrolling of the result window.
- success/failed extractions are now displayed at the end of the extraction.
- Minimizing window is now allowed.

The download link have been updated.
Some issues at that time :
- FTP connection works with XeXmenu only.
- FTP iso extraction works only on 21 port (but "QuickBoot menu maker" works with any port)

Great work schmurtz, i'm pretty sure that many people will enjoy those fixes / enhancements smile.gif

Many thanks, gonna look at your new version, but damn, i need a new hdd then smile.gif

#30 schmurtz

schmurtz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Me9a @ Mar 1 2010, 03:56 PM) View Post

some suggestions:

- make it work with freestyle dash ftp server
- make an checkbox to dont uplod/extract the folder $SystemUpdate
- folder remembering (so i dont have to browse allways to C:\some stuff\something\xbox360\an game\halo or something) from hand and on xbox360 too every time i start exiso
- and add an bar or something to see how fast it is uploading currectly on ftp

-> freestyle dash have to implement classic FTP commands, but at that time they recommand tu use XeXmenu to upload big files.
-> auto delete $SystemUpdate : I'm already on this smile.gif : this folder will be extracted but I'm working on an auto delete of all these folders
-> folder remembering : OK, you're right, it'll be OK for the next version, at that time you can use search button or drag and drop.
-> FTP speed bar : that's a great idea but not easy to make... To do something like that it's probably necessary to modify exiso.exe and I'm not the best in C++ tongue.gif

QUOTE(R1chard5 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:47 PM) View Post

Great work schmurtz, i'm pretty sure that many people will enjoy those fixes / enhancements smile.gif
Many thanks, gonna look at your new version, but damn, i need a new hdd then smile.gif

Thanks, there is many others extraction tools but I think that Exiso-GUI is the most complete and (with drag and drop and auto searching of iso files) the most user friendly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users