NinjaNoodles

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

i own 2 modded 360s got a few banned whatever but the only reason i mod 360s is because ridiculous costs for disks and the fact that m$ dares sell such pieces of shyt to the public it took 3 major motherboard revisions and a couple of years b4 they could make a 360 w/out a 60% failure rate and now dvd drives are failing left and right i hav repaired 4 of my friends xbox drives jus in the last 2 weeks...

The ps3 on the other hand is a piece of art its an all in one has blu ray free online play built in wifi support for third party hardware (hard drives even) never breaks solid dependable sleek and sexy tongue.gif Sony has put so much effort in2 making it hack proof wanna know why? cause they would pretty much go outta business they make no money off the psp cause of piracy and they are last in the console sales race it would be a shame if the ps3 be hacked to the point of the 360 it is the only modern console that isnt hackable and i hope it stays that way cause Sony has made a quality console.

f@@@@ m$

#2 pinkerton

pinkerton

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

I agree, however your too late, its already been hacked.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(NinjaNoodles @ Feb 25 2010, 12:30 AM) View Post
the only reason i mod 360s is because ridiculous costs for disks

That almost sounds like piracy so go no farther on that statement.

People hack systems for more reasons then to just play backup games. The core reason most people want a system hacked is to make it do something it was not meant to do. If you wanna say that a company is gonna lose money because a system gets hacked look at the Wii its been hacked for a while now and is still outselling everything. I dont own a PS3 but if they had it hacked to where it could do more then what it does now I might buy one. I like to customize a system so it feels more like mine and not only do what Nintendo, Sony, or MS tells me I can do on it. The PSP doesnt sell cause the price is to jacked up and the only reason I have one is because I bought 3 broke units and made 2 working for less then what one new one would cost.

The ps3 on the other hand is a piece of art

I guess you havent seen the posts where people are having all kinds of problems with the lasers and PSUs in a PS3. I dont hate on no system that is out right now they all have their good and bad points. I think they are all worth the price you pay for them well except the PSPgo but thats another story

#4 biscuit0214

biscuit0214

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Agree 100% with stevo1978 he hit the head on the nail.

#5 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

i for one hope ps3 gets hacked as far as say... ps2 and original xbox. think of how much smoother and better mame would run on a ps3? or the media capabilities? possibly original xbox, DC, gamecube and ps2 (for those without backward compatible ps3's) emus? the ps3 is a powerhouse just waiting to have its doors unlocked.
ill admit id also like the feature of backing up my (PAID FOR) ps3, ps1, and ps2 games to the hard drive in case (god forbid) my laser ever goes bad like ive read so many people having happen to them. but its not at the top of my list.
if only i knew how to do computer coding, C, C+, binary, etc. then id be working on it right now rather than typing this....

is anyone even working on it now days? i know "GeoHot" released his findings. wonder if anyones doing anything with them?

Edited by murauder, 28 February 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#6 Midevilshadow

Midevilshadow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 25 2010, 09:54 PM) View Post

That almost sounds like piracy so go no farther on that statement.

People hack systems for more reasons then to just play backup games. The core reason most people want a system hacked is to make it do something it was not meant to do. If you wanna say that a company is gonna lose money because a system gets hacked look at the Wii its been hacked for a while now and is still outselling everything. I dont own a PS3 but if they had it hacked to where it could do more then what it does now I might buy one. I like to customize a system so it feels more like mine and not only do what Nintendo, Sony, or MS tells me I can do on it. The PSP doesnt sell cause the price is to jacked up and the only reason I have one is because I bought 3 broke units and made 2 working for less then what one new one would cost.

Personally, I think you're giving the public way more credit than they deserve...

Sure on this site where its against the rules to talk about piracy, everyone seems to want hacks for the purposes of "back ups" and homebrew. But if I went up to a random friend and asked if they would pirate if the PS3 got modded, most would say yes.

I'm not saying the people you described don't exist. I mean I for one want the system modded mostly for a potential XBMC (though not likely gonna happen), but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't partake in anything less than proper.

Then even worse is that even though I pay for what I think deserves it, some would never pay for a game if given a choice.

#7 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Most "pirates" are only hurting their selves because they are only seeing what they can get for free and not taking the time to get educated on the purpose behind hacks and mods.

I am closing this topic before it gets to far out of hand and to far off topic. If the Original Poster would like to make a reply PM me and I will reopen the topic for him and only him to make one last reply.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users