• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 premedicated

premedicated

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Ok, so here's the deal. I bought a used PS3 for $50, but it didn't read BR discs (reads dvd's and cd's fine). I figured for next to nothin I could get a new lens and promptly started hopping around on e-bay. Didn't take long before I found what I thought would be a replacement.

The issue is, everyone I see online says that my PS3, a 40gb CHECH01, should have the dual lens system. Well I already took it all the way apart and I only have a single lens in there. And the part number on my deck isn't the same as any of their lists. KEM-400ACA is what it says. I'm new to the whole PS3 thing and was wondering if anyone knew where I could order one of these or if there was some other way to do this or what? Maybe a KEM-400AAA is what I need? Please let me know, thank you.

#2 wildwild

wildwild

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

It looks like you need a KES-400A lens with a single laser. Make sure it is the original BR drive and not one from another PS3 wink.gif

#3 premedicated

premedicated

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

Yea, its the original drive. It's the old model that has backwards compatibility and all that jazz. What's the difference between the KEM-400ACA and the KES-400A? And any thoughts why I can't find any of the original drives? And another And lol, any idea a good place in the US to find one of these parts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users