• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cole54

Cole54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

Alright I have 2 PS3's the 80 GB models. Both have the same problem and I replaced the laser mech in both PS3's.... however still neither will work.

Both of these PS3's have been reformatted, so it leads me to think they need some sort of update.

Anyway, if someone could help me out it would be much appreciated. Haven't done much work on the PS3's so don't know too much about them.

Thanks, Cole.

#2 Cole54

Cole54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

Bump.... really need help on this....

BTW, both lasers will move however they do not try to read the disc, and a spinning disc logo never shows up....

Only thing I can come up with is that I bought 2 bad laser mechs from completely different places and just have bad luck.

#3 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Cole54 @ Mar 2 2010, 11:57 PM) View Post

BTW, both lasers will move however they do not try to read the disc, and a spinning disc logo never shows up....

If the "spinning disc logo" does not appear, that is a very BAD sign.

Normally it means the drive is not the original drive with your PS3 system.

The drive board is married with the motherboard, and if the board is wrong, the "spinning disc logo" will NOT appear.

Even if the laser is totally dead, then the "spinning disc logo" will STILL appear and spin when you insert a disc.

If you are sure the drive board is the same original board which came with this ps3, then the only other causes can be a burned BA driver chip, or the long flat ribbion link cable between the board and ps3 is bad.

#4 Cole54

Cole54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(garyopa @ Mar 3 2010, 01:46 PM) View Post

If the "spinning disc logo" does not appear, that is a very BAD sign.

Normally it means the drive is not the original drive with your PS3 system.

The drive board is married with the motherboard, and if the board is wrong, the "spinning disc logo" will NOT appear.

Even if the laser is totally dead, then the "spinning disc logo" will STILL appear and spin when you insert a disc.

If you are sure the drive board is the same original board which came with this ps3, then the only other causes can be a burned BA driver chip, or the long flat ribbion link cable between the board and ps3 is bad.

That's what I was worried about. I may try to find a new ribbon for each, but more than likely I will have to cut my losses on these.

Thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users