X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Interests:FMX, Drumming
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hello, I have been searching around just trying to get to understand the PS3 since I have been extensively repairing 360's lately.

If anyone has some extra time to post up here and help me out with answering some questions so I can get a start in the right direction.

1.) What tools are needed to open the PS3, and is there any special measures I need to take when opening it?

2.) What are the major problems PS3's would have. As in, if I started offering PS3 repair, what problems in the system would I be mainly fixing. I would like to find a website to read up on the repair process for these problems before I do offer to fix them.

3.) Is there anything else system specific I should get to know before I venture out?

If you have the time to answer these questions or simply reply with links to help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
NeroFMX

#2 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

most of the time it is just the the blu-ray lasers that go out, if it is a YLOD you would fix like a 360 just there are different chips, you would probably have to come up with a different heat profile and that is pretty much it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users