7 replies to this topic

#1 sofakng

sofakng

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

I've been trying to do some research and I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

What's the most compatible NAND (?): Xell, XBReboot, Cygnos360, etc.

I'd like to play backups from the HDD (for convenience) but I've heard that XBReboot won't play dual-layer games from the HDD.

#2 Darth Soap

Darth Soap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(sofakng @ Mar 2 2010, 10:14 PM) View Post

I've been trying to do some research and I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

What's the most compatible NAND (?): Xell, XBReboot, Cygnos360, etc.

I'd like to play backups from the HDD (for convenience) but I've heard that XBReboot won't play dual-layer games from the HDD.

Most compatible NAND? Well XBReboot will allow you to run backups from the HDD, Only way you can play backup dual layer games is with iXtreme.

Edited by Darth Soap, 02 March 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#3 sofakng

sofakng

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

Do any of the other solutions (FreeBoot, Cygnos 360, Xell, etc) let you play dual-layer backups from the HDD?

#4 DrexeL_UK

DrexeL_UK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, 'puters, games, music, movies......
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

You're not making sense. Dual-layer just refers to the actual disc, and all xbox 360 games are dual layer. If you want to play games from HDD you need to extract the contents of the disc/iso on to a folder on the HDD. XBR will then boot the game from the folder. It doesn't make any difference if the original disc was dual-layer.

Edited by DrexeL_UK, 02 March 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#5 sofakng

sofakng

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Sorry...

I know what dual-layer is, but it sounded like if you extracted/copied a dual-layer game to the HDD, that you could NOT play it with XBReboot, etc.

Is this not the case?

Can you play ALL games from the HDD with all the different NANDs? (is there any of them that is more compatible than others for games on the HDD?)

#6 DrexeL_UK

DrexeL_UK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, 'puters, games, music, movies......
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

I don't know how you have come to that conclusion.

Forget freeboot/Cygnos360, as XBR (with a launcher like xexmenu/freestyle) is all you need, it will boot any extracted game.

Edited by DrexeL_UK, 02 March 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#7 sofakng

sofakng

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Ahhh, OK.

Here's what I'm talking about: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=694052

Does XBR allow you also play backups on the DVD drive but not dual-layer? Can that be what the above post is talking about?

#8 Rekoil

Rekoil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

FreeBoot and XBReboot are the options you have in terms of rebooters. XBReboot is the most well-established one and is probably the easiest to install. Cygnos360 is just an extra NAND for the ability to store 2 sets of kernels on the 360. As long as you don't plan on using live on this console you have no use for a Cygnos360 (and there is more that needs to be done than just installing a Cygnos360 if you are). As for running games on the harddrive without a DVD, you can use the NXE "Install to harddrive" function in conjunction with NXE2GOD for that, however, none of the rebooters let you boot backup DVD's if that's what you were asking, for that you need a modified DVD firmware.

And yes, you can install backups to the harddrive using NXE if you have modified DVD firmware installed such as iXtreme Lite-Touch.

Edited by Rekoil, 02 March 2010 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users