To hook up a 2TB eSata hard drive (or any size) to the 360 and have it work in the NXE dash on a jtagged console without soldering the cable to the board. (NOTE: USB drives cannot be used to install games from NXE, only sata)
- Any size eSata HDD (I bought this 2TB drive back when it was $139. Shop around)
- Adapter from an Xbox 360 HDD case (pulled out from an empty case i ordered here)
- eSata Panel Mount to Male Sata Adapter (or similar)
- eSata to eSata cable
- Torx Screwdriver
- You need to take apart a Xbox 360 HDD case to get the adapter cable out. You'll need 2 different size Torx bits to do this. Not sure which sizes exactly, you'll have to search for that information. This adapter will let you plug a male sata adapter into it.
- Next you'll need a male sata to eSata adapter cable such as this. You will plug that into the adapter you took out of the hard drive case.
- Next you'll need an eSata to eSata cable to plug your external drive in. Connect it to your eSata drive and plug the external power cord that came with your eSata hdd to the wall and turn it on. When you have everything connected it should look like the picture below.
- Finally you will go to the Memory settings on your jtagged console, and you should see the drive. It will say "unformated". Format it, your console will ask you to enter your serial number. Enter it. Done! Now you can use an external eSata drive on your XBox 360 just like you would an official drive!
Ideally you would find a eSata to male 7 pin sata cable, then you wouldnt need the middle adapter. I was unable to find such a cable. Please post below if you find one.
Edited by OneStepAhead608, 02 March 2010 - 08:21 PM.