• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BladeWing

BladeWing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Music, games and music games !!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ok, i have my own jtagged 360 and am able to run homebrew on it and all, but i never really understood just what stops us from using xell/Jtag on an 8xxx xbox.

They say that M$ has add something to the nand that blocks the hack (If that was true, a nand re-write would be able to reverse it), as well as blown (off) e-fuses. and that the cb/cd is too high.

Can somebody just please explain just exactly stops the hack, as everywhere that says, ''no not possible'' just says, the 3 above.

Thanks for the time reading smile.gif
BladeWing

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

MS blew the efuses, which causes no more homebrew on 8xxx. Once the efuses are blown JTAG just simply won't work anymore. XBR uses whats called "virtual efuses" to keep the JTAG active... It has nothing to do with the nand, as the nand is what we rewrite with xbr anyways.

#3 BladeWing

BladeWing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Music, games and music games !!!!
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thank you, now i understand entirely. biggrin.gif

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Mar 3 2010, 04:23 PM) View Post

MS blew the efuses, which causes no more homebrew on 8xxx. Once the efuses are blown JTAG just simply won't work anymore. XBR uses whats called "virtual efuses" to keep the JTAG active... It has nothing to do with the nand, as the nand is what we rewrite with xbr anyways.

This is my understanding:

The exploit is possible due to a vulnerability in the bootloader (CB). Microsoft have since fixed this exploit by forcing an updated version in dashboards over v2.0.8xxx (as well as updates via MS Service Centers from June 2009). This alone shouldn't be a problem as you could still downgrade and exploit. However, they also burned the eFuse responsible for the CB version, meaning you cannot use an exploited bootloader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users