buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

So its been over a week now, since Paypal decided to limit my account. I figured it would be whatever and solved very quickly, boy was I wrong. The standard procedure was to forward them ssn info, a photo id and a proof of location. I did all that was asked and within 24 hours was sent an email stating they received all of the info and approved everything, but when they sent my ssn and date of birth info to their credit bureau (experian), experian reported to paypal that my ssn and dob don't match. Since then its been calling paypal and experian back and forth, each claiming its the others fault and not their own; but both agree that the odds are this info is coming back as not matching because I have not established any credit; which is understandable, Im a college kid, never had a credit card or co-signed on any loan. BUT this is a matter of information not lining up, not credit and this is what I don't understand. My ssn and dob can't be affected by issues such as moving to different address, states, changing my name or having the same name as my father.

But I am stuck in this damn limitation because paypal can't lift this limitation until they get the clearance from experian. Experian has also told me to get credit reports from other credit bureau's (which I have but they seem to all be the same damn company, just with different names).

Im about ready to call the social security offices and see whats going on, but this is taking too ******* long. Anyone ever have any similar issues?

#2 Lurkin

Lurkin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

The "other" credit bureaus are TransUnion and Equifax. Go directly to them so you don't get the hassle of the knock-off sites.

http://www.equifax.com/

http://www.transunion.com/

Good luck. Dealing with these credit bureaus is a pain, it's like dealing with a bunch of idiots. Just keep calling until you get the one person out of a hundred that actually knows what they are doing.

#3 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

I did actually go thru equifax or transunion (I checked both of them out and one of them charges like $20 for a report so I skipped that one) which ever one was left I went through for the credit report and they gave me an almost verbatim response as experian gave me. I haven't bothered calling them because odds are they won't be of any more help than experian was so far.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

you are supposed to be able to get 1 free credit report from all 3 of the credit bureaus every 12 months. freecreditreport.com might help

#5 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

I wouldn't go there.
They make you sign up for their services to get the "free" credit report.

Visit this site instead.
That links to all 3 reports and there's no hidden catches or fees.

#6 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Mar 4 2010, 06:24 PM) View Post

I wouldn't go there.
They make you sign up for their services to get the "free" credit report.

Visit this site instead.
That links to all 3 reports and there's no hidden catches or fees.

Thanks! Tried that one and did get a little bit more info on equifax. Before them compiling the report I was prompted with some infomation saying that my records indicated that I opened up a mortgage in october 2007 and had a multiple choice of which bank it was through. Looks like i either had my ID stolen or was issued the wrong ssn at birth =( . They also could not provide me with a report online, like experian. But they did give a bit more info to why that might be:

We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your FACT Act Equifax Free Annual Credit Report on the internet. There are a number of reasons that we may be unable to fulfill your request online. You may have a Security Freeze on your credit file, an Active Duty Military or Fraud Alert, or the identification information submitted online may not match the information on file.

But another thing that I don't understand, that IF my identity was stolen, then how could it be used effectively if I was not 18 until April 2009. If the info about the mortgage being opened in 2007 is true, I was a minor at the time, so how could anyone use my ssn if the ssn holder is not 18?

#7 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:21 AM

might be way your birth date dont match the the ssn becuase some one else has used your ssn with a different birthdate. My step sister had at least 3 credit cards before she was 18. I dont know how she did it but she was getting them every few months.

look at it this way you might own a house now.

Edited by steveo1978, 05 March 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#8 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Mar 4 2010, 08:21 PM) View Post

might be way your birth date dont match the the ssn becuase some one else has used your ssn with a different birthdate. My step sister had at least 3 credit cards before she was 18. I dont know how she did it but she was getting them every few months.

look at it this way you might own a house now.

Lol id be stoked for a house if I wasnt entitled to any debt =) but that probably won't be the case. I filled out all the paper work and I am mailing in info for the official report. Hopefully that will explain things clearly.

#9 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

Well I bit the bullet and sent in all the info asked for a report by mail. Hopefully in the 2 or so weeks it will take to process we can get down to some info.

#10 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

If all else fails, you'll get your cash after 180 days regardless of the outcome.

#11 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:56 AM

Well before class I got an email from paypal, and my account has been restored!! =D . The reasons specified was because paypal apparently added information into my submitted documents to get them approved? Idk but it sounded weird, but I can log into my account with no limitations! Now it will be interesting to see if my credit report states any negative information, but for now life is better =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users